2018: "We're really f***ing good but I don't know if we can beat Boston."

2019: "This team sucks but at least we can beat Boston."

Fugazy

Brick by Brick
Jun 1, 2014
New York
2018: "We're really ****ing good but I don't know if we can beat Boston."

2019: "This team sucks but at least we can beat Boston."

They have some pretty easy series coming up, even if it’s a west coast road trip. This is the time to start making up some ground while half of their lineup is still injured.

Reactions: Machinehead

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
We're losing so let's bring in who the **** ever from the bullpen.

Love that mentality.

Hoping Acevedo can be some help in the pen later this summer, they finally scrapped him being a starter, and he’s already on the 40 man.

• RHP Domingo Acevedo: 2 IP, zeroes, 1 K, 2/1 GB/FB — 18 of 25 pitches were strikes (72%) … 10/1 K/BB in nine innings as a full-time reliever

Reactions: Machinehead

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
We're losing so let's bring in who the **** ever from the bullpen.

Love that mentality.

When I saw Boone already making the same mistakes with bullpen management in the first series of the season that he was making all season last year, I knew the Yankees were in a heap-load of trouble, because his awful BP management was one of the reasons they lost in the ALDS last year. If he's no better, then I'm not sure why I can think this year will turn out any better. I don't necessarily think good managers are what can put a team over the top, but a bad manager can definitely sink one. Boone and his staff continue to inspire zero confidence.

They have some pretty easy series coming up, even if it’s a west coast road trip. This is the time to start making up some ground while half of their lineup is still injured.

I realize you wrote this before tonight's game so I'll give you a pass there, but the "at least they have easy opponents" thing isn't working. They're 6-7 against these bad opponents. Barring road sweeps in Detroit and Chicago, they really can't make up for having already dropped home sets against those teams.

It's too early to begin panicking if only because nobody should panic on April 18. That said, they aren't really surviving the injury spell, all things considered. They're 3-7 at home against teams that lost 98+ games last season. Eek.

Fugazy

Brick by Brick
Jun 1, 2014
New York
Frustrating to watch the Yankees continually crap the bed against inferior opponents. Even with all the injuries, the Yankees still have a better team on the field than the Orioles, Tigers, Royals, and White Sox. And they have struggled against each of those teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad