OT: MLB Discussion Thread: Part XXV

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Bauer is one guy I wouldn't touch with a ten-foot pole. All his nonsense, I think he would be an absolute circus in NY.

Also, while he showed improvement in a lot of areas last year, his Hard Hit% increased and yet his HR rate plummeted to .46, which was basically half to a third of what it had ever been before. I'm not sure how sustainable that it.

But mainly he's a clown.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Bauer is one guy I wouldn't touch with a ten-foot pole. All his nonsense, I think he would be an absolute circus in NY.

Also, while he showed improvement in a lot of areas last year, his Hard Hit% increased and yet his HR rate plummeted to .46, which was basically half to a third of what it had ever been before. I'm not sure how sustainable that it.

But mainly he's a clown.
I don't care what your political views are and I don't even care if you're not a nice guy (at least if we're talking about baseball), but Bauer seems to be a little bit out of his f***ing mind. No from me.

Reactions: Cassano and nyr2k2

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I don't care what your political views are and I don't even care if you're not a nice guy (at least if we're talking about baseball), but Bauer seems to be a little bit out of his ****ing mind. No from me.
Yeah, I think most of you guys that know me well know I obviously disagree with Bauer, but it's not that. I've rooted for plenty of guys I disagree with and also know that, particularly in baseball, there are lots of guys on my team that I would probably disagree with. It's not the difference of opinion, though. Bauer just has a screw loose.

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
Bauer is a huge clown. Just an insufferable human being.

Granted the Trevor Bauer whine campaign experience in the New York media market would be entertaining as hell.

Reactions: nyr2k2

darko

Feb 16, 2009
We'll probably see lot of those deals in the very near future with lockout a very real possibility.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Guess my post didnt go through earlier...

But this is exactly why signing Machado/Harper is doable. I dont want to hear about who we have to sign in the coming years. You just saw Severino sign for $10 Mil AAV. Judge and Sanchez left. Didi after this year. Other salaries will move out. You have no idea what it will take to extend Judge/Sanchez. Right now it is looking less than what some probably think.

Reactions: One Winged Angel

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Guess my post didnt go through earlier...

But this is exactly why signing Machado/Harper is doable. I dont want to hear about who we have to sign in the coming years. You just saw Severino sign for $10 Mil AAV. Judge and Sanchez left. Didi after this year. Other salaries will move out. You have no idea what it will take to extend Judge/Sanchez. Right now it is looking less than what some probably think.

Severino didn't sign for cheap. This 4 year contract buys out 4 arbitration years. 0 UFA years.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
$10 million a year when he very well could become an Ace front of the rotation starter is cheap. Almost dirt cheap.

He filed to make 5.5 next season. Yankees offered 4-something. Production wise it's dirt cheap but come on you know that's not how arbitration works.

Severino probably makes 50 mill arbitration. Approx 5, 10, 15, 20 mill each year. That's not guaranteed money. 4/40 is.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
The deal has a club option for a 5th year at $12.25 million. You think the team isn’t going to pick that year up if he continues like this? It’s almost a given.

They will but I'm hoping by that stage they are talking extension.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
1 possible UFA year. You give Machado 5 years and $150 million and reevaluate after.

Why would Machado sign that? He'll get 7-8/200+. Sox offer was reportedly well north of 200 mill.

It doesn't make sense for Machado and Harper to sign 5 year deals. Unless there is an opt out in there.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Why would Machado sign that? He'll get 7-8/200+. Sox offer was reportedly well north of 200 mill.

It doesn't make sense for Machado and Harper to sign 5 year deals. Unless there is an opt out in there.

I don’t believe anyone has offered him anything. I think Lozano is blowing smoke up everyone’s asses. I think the first concrete offer he gets that’s in his range at this point and he’s signing.

A one year deal might make more sense than a 5 year, but I’m not even sure of that. If they’re looking for those 10 year deals, I think they’re done with.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I don’t believe anyone has offered him anything. I think Lozano is blowing smoke up everyone’s asses. I think the first concrete offer he gets that’s in his range at this point and he’s signing.

A one year deal might make more sense than a 5 year, but I’m not even sure of that. If they’re looking for those 10 year deals, I think they’re done with.

Hard to say but I don't think Lozano is anything like Boras.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad