OT: MLB Discussion Thread: Part XXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
We're about to have the Capitals, Eagles, and Red Sox as reigning champions.

I don't ****ing deserve this.
I'm in the same boat as you. Worse yet, one of my best friends is a Caps fan, another is an Eagles fan, and I went to college in Boston so I know a bunch of Sox fans. I just want to crawl in a hole.

Reactions: Machinehead

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey

562bccfd73cb20bb8ff43ea2a10fa59f5bed579e2008c0d39df2ba03fb88479f.gif

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
So much for those who predicted the Astros killing the Sox.Nobody is beating this team this year.

Reactions: All Might

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016

I don't ****ing deserve this.

With the Eagles and Caps, it's a little different. Both teams were legendarily snakebitten and Philly/Washington DC hasn't exactly had an embarassment of riches when it comes to winning titles.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
With the Eagles and Caps, it's a little different. Both teams were legendarily snakebitten and Philly/Washington DC hasn't exactly had an embarassment of riches when it comes to winning titles.
I would have been perfectly fine seeing them stay legendarily snakebitten. Especially the Caps. f*** those people.

Reactions: nyr2k2

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
That AlCS was the WS basically. Boston is gonna mop the floor with the NLCS winner.

If only Stanton didn't choke under pressure.

Reactions: Sam Spade

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
Sucks for the Astros.... That Altuve HR in game 4 should have counted (the ball was in the stands and fair play imo). Who knows how that game would've ended if it did.

Unless half the Red Sox team gets injured in game one Boston has already won this. I can't see either NL team even making them uncomfortable let alone winning 4 games. Even then I'm not so sure

Really sucks to see all these teams getting huge timely hits with 2 outs and RISP. Yankees aren't winning jack shit with their current HR or nada approach. The mentality of the entire team needs to change

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
Sucks for the Astros.... That Altuve HR in game 4 should have counted (the ball was in the stands and fair play imo). Who knows how that game would've ended if it did.

Unless half the Red Sox team gets injured in game one Boston has already won this. I can't see either NL team even making them uncomfortable let alone winning 4 games. Even then I'm not so sure

Really sucks to see all these teams getting huge timely hits with 2 outs and RISP. Yankees aren't winning jack **** with their current HR or nada approach. The mentality of the entire team needs to change
Cashman doesn't think anything is wrong. He needs to wake up or this team is winning jack shit.

Reactions: Machinehead

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Cashman doesn't think anything is wrong. He needs to wake up or this team is winning jack ****.
Seems to me Cashman is convinced it's bad luck and he's just waiting for us to get hot with the longball in October.

It may happen but I don't think it gives you the best chance to win.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
The longball/OBP method is a recipe for disaster. Because that method includes a lot of swing and miss and less gap to gap hitting.

How about firing Thames and giving someone else a go. #Joke

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
There's nothing wrong with homers. The Red Sox hit them all the time.

It's the complete inability to adjust.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Yeah if you look at the teams that are at the top in OBP, and the teams at the top in HR, there's a pretty high correlation with winning. The guys just need to be able to change their approach at the plate when the circumstances dictate. Slap it the other way, move the runner over, make sure to get it in play to get the run home, etc. You can't go up there exclusively hitting A for the Power Swing.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I wonder if Rendon might be available
Everything I read here is that they're planning on being competitive next year. They'll try to bring back Harper, but even if they can't they still like their OF and will just spend their money elsewhere.

But, you never know.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Reactions: All Might

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Reactions: nyr2k2
Status