Mizral's 2nd Annual *GM Game*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mizral

Sep 20, 2002
Earth, MW
Visit site
*** Please note. This is a GM Game, not a mock draft. This is not played on HF Chat, though you may use HF Chat if you wish. There's no affiliation with Danrik's GM Game, so please understand these are two different animals. Lastly, this is a month long game, so if you're going to ask to join, please be sure you can make a commitment without taking a month-long vacation in the middle of it. ***

Welcome to my 2nd Annual GM Game. For those that have played last year, please note that there are many things different about this years game. Most notably, there is a website which has been tirelessly worked on by my good friend, DeGroat, and I think many of you will be surprised at just how cool it really is. Last year's game was a lot of fun, and this years game should be even better, in particular because I can clean up some of the mistakes I didn't account for the first time around.

Players can become either a General Manager of a team, or an assistant Manager. Please note that I have already selected several GM's ahead of time - these are people who took part in the HF Chat Mock Draft about a month ago and I gave several of them (who expressed interest to me beforehand) GM spots. However, there are other teams that are not taken. This is not a first come first serve deal here, I will choose who becomes GM's. I know some of you might find this is not very diplomatic of me, but this game requires a little commitment, and my history of watching 'first come first serve' GM roles and running some myself has told me that they don't always work out as you'd like. Please note I will be giving special treatment to fans of their teams and established posters on HF. This doesn't mean that if you're new and you're a fan of a certain team you can't be a GM or an assistant GM. Really, an assistant GM is a pretty similar job, so don't feel bad if you're the #2 man!

As a General Manager, you will be given access to this webpage ( http://gm.degroat.net/index.php ). Look around it for a bit and you'll only see the half of it. As a GM, there's a whole lot more fun to see. On the website, you will be able to do the following:

- Offer trades to other GM's, or make them yourself.
- Send out league-wide memos to let others know what your team is looking to add or subtract off their roster.
- Offer unrestricted free agents contracts and sign them on to your rosters
- Send private messages to other GM's to hash out potential deals
- Select players via the waiver draft
- View rosters from other teams and see completed trades that have been made
- View news updates from the league commissioner about events coming up and signings made by other teams.

As Assistant Manager, you cannot actually make the trades or sign free agents, but you can advise the manager to courses of action. In most scenarios, the assistant manager and general manager have more or less an equal share in the decision-making, however this is up to the lead GM's to determine how much of a say he allows his assistants.

Both GM's and Assistant GM's are encouraged to utilize Hockey's Future Chat to hash out trades (a URL link will be at the bottom of this post). Please note that you will be able to use #hfchat to talk about the GM Game except for on draft day, as HF Chat gets especially hectic then.

The course of the GM game will run as follows:

Start: June 27th
Free agency: July 1st
End: July 31st

(Sorry, no mock draft.. there are enough of those on this board!)

The rules for the game will be posted on the website (they aren’t up just yet.. should be up by the end of the weekend though). Please be sure to read them before asking any questions. Remember - the point of this is for fun only. However, at the end, we will have several awards (you don't actually win anything but a boosted ego; people will vote on who did the best amongst other things).

Anaheim Mighty Ducks

Head GM: JessC
Asst. GM:
Asst. GM:

Atlanta Thrashers

Head GM: cw7
Asst. GM: majorbm
Asst. GM:

Boston Bruins

Head GM: Schlep Rock
Asst. GM: 19bruins19
Asst. GM:

Buffalo Sabres

Head GM: Shane
Asst. GM: Freezerburn
Asst. GM: SopelFan

Calgary Flames

Head GM: Devon
Asst. GM: kruezer
Asst. GM:

Carolina Hurricanes

Head GM: Macabre
Asst. GM:
Asst. GM:

Chicago Blackhawks

Head GM: Teemu08
Asst. GM: Hawkalyzer
Asst. GM:

Colorado Avalanche

Head GM: RoyIsALegend
Asst. GM: Renegade
Asst. GM: KSGuy2325

Columbus Blue Jackets

Head GM: Jonesey
Asst. GM: Sutherby
Asst. GM:

Dallas Stars

Head GM: Modano=Dud
Asst. GM: Starsfan09
Asst. GM: Checker

Detroit Red Wings

Head GM: Boomhower
Asst. GM:
Asst. GM:

Edmonton Oilers

Head GM: Malmo_Mike
Asst. GM:
Asst. GM:

Florida Panthers

Head GM: Takkie
Asst. GM: Bouwmeester4
Asst. GM: Clint

Los Angelas Kings

Head GM: Herby
Asst. GM:
Asst. GM:

Minnesota Wild

Head GM: Mountie
Asst. GM:
Asst. GM:

Montreal Canadiens

Head GM: Cayouche5
Asst. GM: ax²+bx+c
Asst. GM: Higgsfan

Nashville Predators

Head GM: Enoch
Asst. GM: Seven_Nation_Army
Asst. GM: SmokeyClause

New Jersey Devils

Head GM: Flame_Star_Devil
Asst. GM: MissionHockey
Asst. GM: DevilFisch

New York Rangers

Head GM: Evil Sather
Asst. GM: rangers
Asst. GM: Ansky1213

New York Islanders

Head GM: Draftman
Asst. GM:
Asst. GM:

Ottawa Senators

Head GM: Burke's Evil Spirit
Asst. GM:
Asst. GM:

Philadelphia Flyers

Head GM: gokimjohnsson
Asst. GM:
Asst. GM:

Phoenix Coyotes

Head GM: Jay Thompson (aka: Mizral)
Asst. GM:
Asst. GM:

Pittsburgh Penguins

Head GM: dr.k0ukl0s
Asst. GM:
Asst. GM:

San Jose Sharks

Head GM: Hero of Tragedy
Asst. GM:
Asst. GM:

St.Louis Blues

Head GM: DeGroat
Asst. GM:
Asst. GM:

Tampa Bay Lightning

Head GM: glenjackson
Asst. GM:
Asst. GM:

Toronto Maple Leafs

Head GM: think.blue
Asst. GM:
Asst. GM:

Vancouver Canucks

Head GM: Kirk Pederson
Asst. GM: Pangolin
Asst. GM:

Washington Capitals

Head GM: CaptainConservative
Asst. GM: Marshall
Asst. GM:

Last edited:

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Ill take chicago

But Miz, do you really think its a good idea to be a GM again? I seem to remember that you took a lot of crap for it last time you played and were GM

RoyIsALegend*

I'll take GM for Colorado.

Off to find my Assistant GM as we speak.

Mizral

Sep 20, 2002
Earth, MW
Visit site
Teemu08 said:
Ill take chicago

But Miz, do you really think its a good idea to be a GM again? I seem to remember that you took a lot of crap for it last time you played and were GM

If you recall, I was an assistant GM last year, and will be again this year (won't be a head GM).

Don't expect me to add any people tonight. I'll let this go for tonight & in the morning, then tommorrow I'll start adding people. So don't feel bad if I don't answer your PM's tonight or your posts. But still, any questions regarding the game, just ask here.

PS: Don't worry about the rosters just yet, they will be filled out.

Vic Rattlehead*

Since I am a rookie at this, I would like to be the Bruins assistant general manager. So if a GM is named for the Bruins, I would like to be one of the two assistants. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
I would like to take a spot in the Nashville organization, either as assistant GM or head GM. Either is fine with me, I just want to be a part of it ;)

Foualier

May 27, 2004
Montréal
first post

I've been reading at HF for quite a while. I'm a huge Hab fan. Since it's my first post, maybe it's not advisable for me to take a head gm job but I would surely like to. I would also gladly be assistant on either Montréal or Ottawa (third choice Vancouver). Or else give me any team head gm job!!!

Thanks.

Last edited:

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Seven_Nation_Army said:
I'm The Gm Of The Preds, I Was The Only One Who Signed Up For The Mock, Therefore I Get First Pick

Burgerflickle ;)

Just kidding bro. As long as I'm an AGM, I'll be happy. See if Smokey or NMK want to join us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->