Signing(s): Mitchell Trubisky signs with the Steelers (2 years, $14.25 million)

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Probably get like a 2 year deal with incentives. A very Steelers move.
It would be either both years are guaranteed or year 1 is guaranteed with a SB. Like if he got $30 mill over 2 years but $18 mill is guaranteed or something like that type of structure.

Just a guess.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
I get wanting a vet to help mentor Pickett, but how they landed on Trubisky I'll never understand.

I think a lot of stock was put into how Josh Allen solved his accuracy issues and that during that year in Buffalo that Trubisky's issues were solved, I guess maybe thru osmosis. As it would turn out, the Steelers were mistaken, and he still stunk

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
I think a lot of stock was put into how Josh Allen solved his accuracy issues and that during that year in Buffalo that Trubisky's issues were solved, I guess maybe thru osmosis. As it would turn out, the Steelers were mistaken, and he still stunk
He looked good for us in Garbage Time but I'll never understand why that impressed the Steelers enough to hand him a deal. Like you said, they probably thought he fixed some of his issues that he had when he was QB of the Bears judging by his garbage time appearances with us. It was a gamble that didn't pay off. Such is life. Steelers will continue to see what they have in Pickett and move forward from there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad