Injury Report: Mitchell Marner ankle injury (will miss at least 4 weeks)

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
ACC1224 fired from HF forums for insensitively commenting on other poster's command of the English language? :sarcasm:

Too soon?????????????
Wasn't insensitive, I was trying to be helpful.
I embrace all, everyone deserves a second chance when they get things so completely wrong on the first pass.

Reactions: Devonator

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Wasn't insensitive, I was trying to be helpful.
I embrace all, everyone deserves a second chance when they get things so completely wrong on the first pass.
just trying to inject some humor into the thread, probably a bad idea in this era of political correctness, social justice warriors, and the hyper sensitive. I'm starting to think this place, much like society has little tolerance for poster's of my vintage?

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
just trying to inject some humor into the thread, probably a bad idea in this era of political correctness, social justice warriors, and the hyper sensitive. I'm starting to think this place, much like society has little tolerance for poster's of my vintage?
It's a different world here for sure.

Reactions: Devonator

kb

Aug 28, 2009
So I guess it is official that it is a high ankle sprain? Although most have speculated as much, this tweet is as close as I had seen to confirmation on it.

This is going to be a longer term issue.....sadly.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Marner wasn't providing a lot, so maybe addition by subtraction. However, the longer it goes on, the more he will become needed. He isn't 100% flawless though, and we won't lose every game because he is out as some might like to think. He's had way more bad games then good games this season. I think we will be okay, but we will feel the effect later on.

Reactions: Kurtz

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
ACC1224 fired from HF forums for insensitively commenting on other poster's command of the English language? :sarcasm:

Too soon?????????????
I got an infraction for it a couple of weeks ago. Must have been a Nylander fan :sarcasm:

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Marner wasn't providing a lot, so maybe addition by subtraction. However, the longer it goes on, the more he will become needed. He isn't 100% flawless though, and we won't lose every game because he is out as some might like to think. He's had way more bad games then good games this season. I think we will be okay, but we will feel the effect later on.
Is there anyone persuaded by this transparent nothingness? Just reeks of insecurity over and over and over...

Notsince67

Apr 27, 2018
Addition by subtraction eh? They have already effectively lost 2 since his injury and have a maximum losing streak of 3. I guess we will see.

Reactions: ACC1224

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix

Priceless...

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington

tumblr_lpyw2pNhaZ1r0w4bgo1_500.jpg

Reactions: DarkKnight

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Marner's not been good this year, but the Leafs are far better off as a team to have him keep playing and hopefully find his form than to lose him

Reactions: TheBigFour

HandshakeLineRespect

Respect in the Handshake Line
Apr 17, 2017
Brampton
Not that it means much unless it comes from Mitch or Dubie and I have only heard this from 3rd party sources around team but rumour is Mitch's agent had a few teams at around 10.6M per or the MAX amount teams could go without giving up 4 1st rounders. So to be fair maybe Dubie paid AAV a little more than that for goodwill to get a deal done. Of course the Leaf upfront $$$ is sweet too. But absolutely nothing from Paul or Mitch to anyone since he came back on ice. I was surprised myself to hear that on Saturday night. Likely Leafs did not overpay much on the market. Again big surprise to me too. But people talk so I would be shocked if Dubie did not know what was going on. The dude is pretty smart. and no GM gets every call right.
So if Dubas is so smart and Marner had offers at 10.6 why didn’t he let Marner sign the contact and match? Seems like pissing away 300k isn’t the smartest thing to do.

Reactions: Kurtz

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
So if Dubas is so smart and Marner had offers at 10.6 why didn’t he let Marner sign the contact and match? Seems like pissing away 300k isn’t the smartest thing to do.
Marner would have to have signed an Offer Sheet for that to happen and he wasn't going to do that.
10.6 is what he would have been offered by a Team that was willing to trade for his rights.
Obviously they weren't prepared to trade the player.

Notsince67

Apr 27, 2018
Signed Ceci for more than his qualifying offer. This is what you complain about?

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Jeffler the tool? He still pretends to understand hockey? Such an idiot who is wrong on everything
There seems to be a bit of a cult following for the Jeffler, Dangle types who have this keen insight into the game while never having been on the ice.

killer1980

Sep 15, 2014
edmonton
With all due respect to Ms. Shilton, I don't necessarily believe her. She works for Bell and they are part owners of the Leafs. The Leafs are on TSN and interest and viewership is waning. Most importantly, you don't hear something snap when you have a sprain. You hear a snap when something snaps. I am still leading toward ligament or tendon damage.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
With all due respect to Kristen Shilton, I don't necessarily believe her. She works for Bell and they are part owners of the Leafs. The Leafs are on TSN and interest and viewership is waning. Most importantly, you don't hear something snap when you have a sprain. You hear a snap when something snaps. I am still leading toward ligament or tendon damage.
That's exactly the sound mine made. I thought I broke it. I was still limping 4 months later.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
We shall see. So far tavares and marner have been MIA all season. Matthews and nylander have been picking up the slack.

I can also see us going on a run here not because marner drags the team down cause he doesnt. But because I think matthews and nylander and andersen will carry them for a bit.

I can also see tavares doing well without mitch as he will adjust to being a playmaker rather than shooter.
JT on pace for 34g 75p is MIA?

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
With all due respect to Ms. Shilton, I don't necessarily believe her. She works for Bell and they are part owners of the Leafs. The Leafs are on TSN and interest and viewership is waning. Most importantly, you don't hear something snap when you have a sprain. You hear a snap when something snaps. I am still leading toward ligament or tendon damage.
I badly pulled a hamstring on the beach this summer and I heard/felt it pop. I definitely thought it was going to be much worse than it turned out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->