Confirmed with Link: Mitch Vande Sompel Re-signs with Islanders

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
There's actually a few articles on this, but I noticed that it's not here on the board:

Islanders Re-Sign Mitch Vande Sompel

Length: 2 Years
Total 1.4m

FYI -->. This is a 2 way contract.

This leads me to believe that there's going to be a bit of a cleaning house within the next 12-24 months as he's done this to AHO, Austin, Grant as well...probably some other prospects...he's expecting these kids to finally work their way into the lineup. I'm thinking there will be a total wipe of the bottom 6 and maybe 1-2 player changes from the top 6.

Last edited:

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
MVS doesn't impress as a guy with a lot of upside. Seems more bottom pairing and Hutton isn't much of a skater. Aho is solid but lacks physicality. I like Aho the most. If we keep brininging in these lesser players I'm going to pull my hair out.
I can't see how we have spots for all these kids unless the injury bug hits.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
AHO was a 5th round pick. Give the kid a break. He can hold his own...I'd like to see him in 1 full season before I attempt to judge.

Right now, I am more worried about Wilde and Bolduc...I just don't feel they are good enough to make the team..but I guess time will tell.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
There's actually a few articles on this, but I noticed that it's not here on the board:

Islanders Re-Sign Mitch Vande Sompel

Length: 2 Years
Total 1.4m

FYI -->. This is a 2 way contract.

This leads me to believe that there's going to be a bit of a cleaning house within the next 12-24 months as he's done this to AHO, Austin, Grant as well...probably some other prospects...he's expecting these kids to finally work their way into the lineup. I'm thinking there will be a total wipe of the bottom 6 and maybe 1-2 player changes from the top 6.

Why is this a precursor to a house cleaning? The cap situation is the necessary reason to clean house. A two-way deal just gives the team options.

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
he might not ever make the big club but I like that depth in b'port in case the injury bug hits .

buud

Ping Pong Predator
Oct 3, 2017
43N -79
he might not ever make the big club but I like that depth in b'port in case the injury bug hits .
depth is always good. i believe that Trotz has said that the believes in competition for spots, and so far, i can't disagree with his methods.

part of having a solid parent club, is having a minor team that can continually develop and supply them.

i like the look of the Sound Tigers this year. when was the last time that they had a really good year? seems like forever.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
depth is always good. i believe that Trotz has said that the believes in competition for spots, and so far, i can't disagree with his methods.

part of having a solid parent club, is having a minor team that can continually develop and supply them.

i like the look of the Sound Tigers this year. when was the last time that they had a really good year? seems like forever.
Actually it was only 2 years ago. Won 43 games and made the playoffs. But years like that have been few and far between.

Reactions: buud

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
AHO was a 5th round pick. Give the kid a break. He can hold his own...I'd like to see him in 1 full season before I attempt to judge.

Right now, I am more worried about Wilde and Bolduc...I just don't feel they are good enough to make the team..but I guess time will tell.

You must be a joy at the dinner table

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
MVS probably won't start off in the NHL. I'm guessing he's more insurance in case of injury.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad