Mitch Marner vs Mikko Rantanen

Who would you take?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
I disagree that they are equal players in the regular season. I think Rantanen is a better player in the regular season in addition to the playoffs. He scores more goals and is a beast when it comes to fighting for pucks along the boards. In the playoffs this is amplified even more. Rantanen does things that don't show up on the scoresheet but benefit his team. Marner does things that don't show up on the scoresheet too like turn the puck over and take dumb penalties. MacKinnon and Rantanen are built for playoff hockey. It won't be long before they just start getting bored with the regular season, coast through it and wait for the playoffs to turn it up three levels. Kind of like Golden State a few years ago.

keglu

Jul 11, 2014
This thread is amazing read. Especially hot takes from February when Marner was 1.5PPG and i quote tier or two above Rantanen

Rantanen has been better in the playoffs though. But who cares right? As soon as your team gets bounced yall gonna see Marner in the trade proposals again for guys like Doughty, Heiskanen and so on :dunno:

Good call man but its mainly Seth Jones

Oh yeah. There is not a GM that does not take Marner here.

3 months later

Marner sure proved how Insignificant he really is. He does not belong in this poll anymore.

Mar 26, 2010
This thread is amazing read. Especially hot takes from February when Marner was 1.5PPG and i quote tier or two above Rantanen

Good call man but its mainly Seth Jones

3 months later
Sure is.

Mac2Rants

Sep 25, 2017
NS
Wow. Seems like just yesterday that I was getting admonished by Leafs fans for not accepting Marner as the de facto 2nd best player from the 2015 draft.
Same here, also being called "crazy" saying he would become more of a shooter 200+shots, as he's clearly still rounding out his game...

Mac Attack

Beefy Legs
Aug 15, 2018
I disagree that they are equal players in the regular season. I think Rantanen is a better player in the regular season in addition to the playoffs. He scores more goals and is a beast when it comes to fighting for pucks along the boards. In the playoffs this is amplified even more. Rantanen does things that don't show up on the scoresheet but benefit his team. Marner does things that don't show up on the scoresheet too like turn the puck over and take dumb penalties. MacKinnon and Rantanen are built for playoff hockey. It won't be long before they just start getting bored with the regular season, coast through it and wait for the playoffs to turn it up three levels. Kind of like Golden State a few years ago.
I honestly believe that the Av's stars are only going 90% for the regular season already. They have another gear for playoffs. Mackinnon especially.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Fun fact - Rantanen has minimum a point in his last 16 playoff-games and last 2 playoffs he has gone 1 game without a point. Clutch?:

2021:

June 3 1G
May 30 1G 1A
May 23 1G 1A
May 21 1A
May 19 2A
May 17 2A

2020:

Sep 4 1A
Sep 2 1g 1A
Aug 31 1G 1A
Aug 30 1A
Aug 26 1G 1A
Aug 24 1G 1A
Aug 22 1A
Aug 19 2A
Aug 17 1G 1A
Aug 15 1G
Aug 14 -
Aug 12 1G
Aug 8 2A
Aug 5 1A
Aug 2 1A

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
So the only guys ahead of him are the best player ever, one of the best goalscorers ever, 3rd best player ever, McInnis and the guy who played with Mike Bossy and is in his own right a top player in the history of the league.

Reactions: tomi2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->