Mitch Marner vs Brad Marchand vs Johnny Gaudreau

Marner vs Marchand vs Gaudreau

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

23Monahan

Jul 2, 2018
1. Marchand - most complete player by far

2. Gaudreau - him and marner close, but imo if gaudreau played with torontos top 6 he would be the clear choice

3. Marner - still very skilled, just last of the 3

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
I'll need to see how Marchand and Marner do in the playoffs

Marner has been as good/better last 2 reg seasons.

Marner needs a big playoff run to firmly move past Marchand for me

Gaudreau is the worst of the three for me

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
I like marchand’s compete level. Marner might be more skilled, but he isn’t a better hockey player then Marchand.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
All very close.

I voted Marchand/Marner/Gaudreau

Gaudreau's biggest issue is consistency year to year. He had a real strong year in 2018-2019, followed by 2 crap ones, than a great one last year. This year seems so-so to start, but it's early.

Meanwhile, Marchand/Marner have been remarkably consistent all 4 years.

Marchand above Marner because he's better 2-way and playoffs. Risk with him is that he's older, so more prone to slowing down, but doesn't look like he has yet this year

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
1. Marchand - most complete player by far

2. Gaudreau - him and marner close, but imo if gaudreau played with torontos top 6 he would be the clear choice

3. Marner - still very skilled, just last of the 3

"Most complete" But Marner is listed at 3 ? He's an elite 2 way winger, our best penalty killer and our best play-maker. There is no universe where Gaudreau should be ranked higher than Marner. I'll give you Marchand no problem, but Gaudreau ahead of Marner is gross.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
"Most complete" But Marner is listed at 3 ? He's an elite 2 way winger, our best penalty killer and our best play-maker. There is no universe where Gaudreau should be ranked higher than Marner. I'll give you Marchand no problem, but Gaudreau ahead of Marner is gross.
Gaudreau just put up the best ES season in nearly 30 years. We just saw what he can do when he's got talent to play with.

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Gaudreau just put up the best ES season in nearly 30 years. We just saw what he can do when he's got talent to play with.

And he still only plays 1 end of the ice, Marner puts up similar numbers while being much better defensively.

Marner played 10 fewer games last year but he was on pace for 110 points and was on pace for 82 ESP. Gaudreau's numbers were barely better last year, Marner has been the better offensive player over the last 5 years and better defensively.

JuJu Mobb

Dec 9, 2009
Marchand is a big time player and a winner so he's no.1

Marner at 2

Johnny at 3

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
And he still only plays 1 end of the ice, Marner puts up similar numbers while being much better defensively.

Marner played 10 fewer games last year but he was on pace for 110 points and was on pace for 82 ESP. Gaudreau's numbers were barely better last year, Marner has been the better offensive player over the last 5 years and better defensively.
Gaudreau is excellent defensively lol, Sutter said he was the team's best checker. Best +/- in a season since Gretzky in the 80s.

Crazy how people can be so unbelievably wrong and still insist on having an opinion.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Gaudreau is excellent defensively lol, Sutter said he was the team's best checker. Best +/- in a season since Gretzky in the 80s.

Crazy how people can be so unbelievably wrong and still insist on having an opinion.
Dude, look at your list. You're literally the one out of 30 people who voted the way you did.

Talk about on an island.

• Haha
Reactions: RapidKnight

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad