Sportsnet: Mitch Marner tops list of most-mentioned NHLers on Twitter

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I know there is that Marner discussion thread, however I think this deserves it's own topic.

Mitch Marner tops list of most-mentioned NHLers on Twitter - Sportsnet.ca

Between Oct. 2 and Jan. 22, Toronto Maple Leafs forward Mitch Marner was the most-mentioned NHL player account on the platform. He’s joined by two of his Toronto teammates in the top five — John Tavares was the second most-mentioned, with Auston Matthews coming in at No. 5.

Here are the top-five, most-mentioned NHL player accounts so far this season:
1. Mitch Marner, Toronto Maple Leafs (@Marner93)
2. John Tavares, Toronto Maple Leafs (@91Tavares)
3. David Pastrnak, Boston Bruins (@pastrnak96)
4. Alex Ovechkin, Washington Capitals (@ovi8)
5. Auston Matthews, Toronto Maple Leafs (@AM34)

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I know there is that Marner discussion thread, however I think this deserves it's own topic.

Mitch Marner tops list of most-mentioned NHLers on Twitter - Sportsnet.ca

Between Oct. 2 and Jan. 22, Toronto Maple Leafs forward Mitch Marner was the most-mentioned NHL player account on the platform. He’s joined by two of his Toronto teammates in the top five — John Tavares was the second most-mentioned, with Auston Matthews coming in at No. 5.

Here are the top-five, most-mentioned NHL player accounts so far this season:
1. Mitch Marner, Toronto Maple Leafs (@Marner93)
2. John Tavares, Toronto Maple Leafs (@91Tavares)
3. David Pastrnak, Boston Bruins (@pastrnak96)
4. Alex Ovechkin, Washington Capitals (@ovi8)
5. Auston Matthews, Toronto Maple Leafs (@AM34)
And most of it were, wake up @Marner, you need to pay better than that @Marner, you are overpaid @Marner....
Same with @jt and @AM.
Lol

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
This story also mentions how the Maple Leafs official Twitter account is ranked #1 with the most mentions.

Toronto has long been considered a pretty hockey-crazed market, so it’s no surprise to see the Maple Leafs are the most-mentioned NHL club on Twitter. It’s pretty cool to see the Vegas Golden Knights come in at No. 2 — the league’s newest club has certainly done an incredible job cultivating a passionate fanbase.

Most mentioned team accounts (overall):
1. Toronto Maple Leafs (@MapleLeafs)
2. Vegas Golden Knights (@GoldenKnights)
3. Colorado Avalanche (@Avalanche)
4. St. Louis Blues (@StLouisBlues)
5. Pittsburgh Penguins (@Penguins)

Reactions: Eye Test

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
When dummy hab fans like berkshire publishes stuff like Marner is one of the most over rated players in the league, people must respond.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Marner likely will have more points than kane in the first four years in the nhl. He needs 26 more points in the last 33 games to tie him. He will beat that if he plays them all

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Marner likely will have more points than kane in the first four years in the nhl. He needs 26 more points in the last 33 games to tie him. He will beat that if he plays them all

I like Marner...but...Kane has 3 Stanley Cups, a Hart Trophy, an Art Ross Trophy and multiple 40 plus goal seasons...having more points when you're younger doesn't translate to being better and having better success when you get older.

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
I like Marner...but...Kane has 3 Stanley Cups, a Hart Trophy, an Art Ross Trophy and multiple 40 plus goal seasons...having more points when you're younger doesn't translate to being better and having better success when you get older.
I can agree with most all said here but Kane has two 40 plus goal years and two 30 plus goal years with one being 30 and other 34. He's not as great as goal scorer as some portray him but he's just as good if not better play maker as finisher. Not knocking Kane think he's a great player but he's advertised sometimes as a goal scorer and not given enough credit as a play maker. Marner can be the same type of player as Kane but he has a ways to go to get there career wise as Kane has had a brilliant and winning career that he's still producing in.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014

I like both players. Just they are great parallels. Chicago had a much better Defense in their cup years than we do. They also had a beast in big buff that was unstoppable. Their offense was incredibly then too. Our Players are as talented as them Chicago teams but with a whole pile of defensive issues them Hawks teams didn’t have.. it needs to be fixed before we will win anything. I am always still patient and aware we have lots of team building left before we reach contender status. This contender status is something the sports networks told us or convinced us we were remember. Its not true yet. Its close but contenders aren’t as dependent on their goalies because of poor defense near as much as we are. Marner is a Kane type and Matthews while still tidying up his defensive game is a Toews. We don’t have a Kieth and Seabrook combo . Defense is a need and Barrie types need to go and Manson types need to come for example.

Reactions: Blanche Blanche

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Because of Leaf haters as well.

Dont post this on the mainboard because the trolls will come out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad