Mitch Marner or Johnny Gaudreau?

Mitch Marner or Johnny Gaudreau?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
needs to be more descriptive. is this who you take moving forward or who the better player is?

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
The only reason to take Gaudreau is contract. Marner is miles ahead of where Gaudreau was career wise. Both great offensive talents. Marner is better defensively. Marner gets leaned on in one goal playoff games. Marner has been a playoff beast his whole life. Marner isn't a giveaway machine.

Literally, contract is the only reason to vote otherwise.

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Contract aside moving forward I'd take Marner but it's a lot closer then some are saying. Both are great players however Marner does seem to care more. Talent wise they are pretty even.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Gaudreau has had a poor series, but then again he's been the only guy on his line doing anything.

He's still the better player by a decent margin, a 3 game sample size doesn't change that.

Reactions: Haatley

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Marner, probably for another few games before the Leafs exit the playoff

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
The only reason to take Gaudreau is contract. Marner is miles ahead of where Gaudreau was career wise. Both great offensive talents. Marner is better defensively. Marner gets leaned on in one goal playoff games. Marner has been a playoff beast his whole life. Marner isn't a giveaway machine.

Literally, contract is the only reason to vote otherwise.

Is that the life which he has not won a playoff series yet?

Mr Tadakichi

Never Reads OP Before Posting
Nov 23, 2014
I was gonna vote Marner, but before I hit submit I accidentally switched it to Gaudreau.

GO GAUDREAU!!!!

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Easily Marner

The guy plays with 1000x the intensity and passion of Johnny crybaby. Electric offensively but hustles his ass off all over the ice.

One of my favourite players in the league to watch and the best player on the Leafs imo...

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
This may surprise you but he has a life pre NHL.
tenor.gif

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
It means **** to me as when people discuss veteran NHL players they normally talk about what they have done in the NHL

Good for you for misreading then getting upset?

Reality is, most years of Marner's hockey life, he has managed to actually produce more in playoff hockey than regular season. Hence he is a playoff beast. Conversely, Gaudreau has only managed once to be better in money hockey (by 0.01). When something repeats itself many times, it tends to lend credence to it.

If you just want to talk playoff NHL hockey then great: Mitch Marner has been 49% more productive at NHL playoff hockey.....by the tender age of 21.

Reactions: Sundinisagod

Kreator

Feb 18, 2017
Johnny Allstar or Mitchell Everything? One guy dives and whines, the other just plays a complete game.NOT CLOSE if you wanna win in the playoffs.

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
Not even close...Marner by a mile....until that little gaffer can do something in the playoffs, it is Marner ainec.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad