Mitch Marner or Johnny Gaudreau?

Mitch Marner or Johnny Gaudreau?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
I'm sure recency bias will play no factor here haha.

That aside, contract will play a large factor here.

Mar 26, 2010
Marner by a large margin here guys! This is not a slight at Gaudreau either.

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Definitely some recency bias going on here but Marner has proven so far in his young career something that Johnny has yet to prove - the ability to elevate your game in the playoffs. I'm not sure there's a single thing Johnny can do better than Marner right now and in some categories he's actually downright bad...

Crazy to say after Johnny's regular season where he looked to be on some of the top 10 players in the world's level offensively.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Marner for me. They’re probably close in offensive brilliance but Marner is far less of a liability defensively.

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
Marner easily for me, both are excellent players but I take Marner's heart and determination 100x over Johnny Ham n Cheeses

Just for thought and fun....... can you imagine McDavid and Marner on the same NHL line :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::naughty:

Ryan Pat80

Mar 16, 2019
Colorado Springs
As an Avs fan, Marner and it's not even close IMO. Ability wise, contract wise, yeah I could see a valid arguement. Marner has an extra gear and Johnny Hockey(???) has been a no show so far. Haven't dug for stats, but if I'm not mistaken, isn't disappearing kinda Johnny's thing come playoff time?

Reactions: DanM

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Lol interesting timing, this 3 game sample size will lead to everyone picking Marner. Still, I take Gaudreau. Cannot stand Marner's face, sorry.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Definitely some recency bias going on here but Marner has proven so far in his young career something that Johnny has yet to prove - the ability to elevate your game in the playoffs. I'm not sure there's a single thing Johnny can do better than Marner right now and in some categories he's actually downright bad...

Crazy to say after Johnny's regular season where he looked to be on some of the top 10 players in the world's level offensively.

Johnny is still a better goal scorer than Marner.

WilliamNylander

Papi's home
Jul 26, 2012
Before this year I probably would've taken Johnny G.

But Marner just keeps elevating his game. He can do whatever you ask. PK, play top matchups (against the best line in hockey), quarterback the powerplay, block shots. He has really impressed me this year, I'll take Marner but its close.

senators101

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
Marner if just looking at the player.

Gaudreau could be more valuable if you factor in contracts after Marner banks this summer.

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
More heart and grit in Marner who blocks shots and doesn't roll over and die. I like Johnny Hockey but he needs to step up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad