Speculation: Mitch Marner Mega Thread Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
View attachment 244893

Tavares seems to be the person driving that line. Marner really shouldn’t get more than 9 at most.
Do you know what driving a line means?
Here are some stats I posted recently.
upload_2019-7-16_6-53-26.png

upload_2019-7-16_6-55-3.png

Reactions: authentic

Notsince67

Apr 27, 2018
Love coming to the mainboards to see so called leaf fans who are really Nylander fan clubbers slam Marner by any hook or crook. Sad really.

Notsince67

Apr 27, 2018
Where has any Leaf fan slammed Marner?
If you attempt to paint a tainted picture of the leading point scorer on the team and then advocate for a lopsided contract relative to others on the team, I'm going to guess you aren't part of Marners PR team. Stop playing so innocent,
This is childish

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
If you attempt to paint a tainted picture of the leading point scorer on the team and then advocate for a lopsided contract relative to others on the team, I'm going to guess you aren't part of Marners PR team. Stop playing so innocent,
This is childish
Huh? No, I am not part the Marner'PR team. I don't understand what you you are attempting to communicate.

Torontoborn

Jan 9, 2019
This is childish

Just because some Leaf fans don't think that Marner should be the highest paid winger in the league doesn't mean that we are Marner bashers. I for one think he's an amazing talent but lets not think that Marner wouldn't have the season he did if Tavares wasn't centering his line or maybe Tavares wouldn't have had the season he did without Marner.

Notsince67

Apr 27, 2018
Just because some Leaf fans don't think that Marner should be the highest paid winger in the league doesn't mean that we are Marner bashers. I for one think he's an amazing talent but lets not think that Marner wouldn't have the season he did if Tavares wasn't centering his line or maybe Tavares wouldn't have had the season he did without Marner.
There were RFA wingers that made far more as a percentage of salary cap than what has been proposed here. I've actually seen this tidbit echoed by some sports pundits. It is a lazy claim that can be refuted

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Yeah it's the exact opposite as during the season / when they sign him he will be amazing again

How many Leaf fans haven't said he's amazing? What many have said is he isn't their best player, which is true. Don't confuse the Leafs embarrassment of riches as something other than what it is.

Reactions: Dekes For Days

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
The fact that Lily hasn't had a shot with the leafs tells you all you need to know. He was way overhyped at the start of his draft year, and once scouts honed in on him, red flags were seen. Look at guys like Hughes, Dhalin, both turned pro in their 1st season. Lily wasn't held back because he was on a stacked club, the leafs biggest need has always been an RHD. He just isn't very good.

Lily didn't get his shot because GASP he was injured. You can look it up in the interviews if you like. You sound like the guys that said he didn't look very good at WHJC who obviously weren't bright enough to realize he wasn't even there because GASP he was injured.

Are you even aware that over the past two seasons he has played roughly one season's worth of games?

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Nope, Kucherov's new deal actually kicks in this up coming season.
Yeah his contract doesnt kick in till now but he did extend after the 100 point season.

But he was also 2nd in points behind McDavid for the 2 years of his bridge he played before extending

sd1976

Mar 14, 2008
Again that’s proving my point. He signed for 41.77 for 6 years, but he’s not playing a full 6 years so he should have lost a few mil for the games he sat. But he didn’t lose any money, still getting 41.77 for 5 and 3/4 years. In reality it should have been 41.77 prorated to 39 or whatever for the time missed which would make it 6.5 AAV
You may want to look at that again. Its basically 2 separate contracts. 1 year at 10ish million and 5 years at 6.2 that take the total to 6.9.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Do you know what driving a line means?
Here are some stats I posted recently.
View attachment 244897

View attachment 244901

For the first 3/4 of the season it was easily Marner driving the line and he was easily the overall best player on the team, just like he was the previous playoffs and the last 1/4 of the previous season. It sucks to say for our cap but he deserves as much as Matthews, but neither deserve 11.6 really.

Notsince67

Apr 27, 2018
For the first 3/4 of the season it was easily Marner driving the line and he was easily the overall best player on the team, just like he was the previous playoffs and the last 1/4 of the previous season. It sucks to say for our cap but he deserves as much as Matthews, but neither deserve 11.6 really.
Can't say I disagree.

Reactions: authentic
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad