Tribute Mitch Marner - Lets Talk discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
93-94 Gilmour, last Leaf to get 100 points in a season.

Only two players have achieved the feat in Leafs history.

Cleetus

Brick Woll
Jan 2, 2012
North!
For tomorrow's game against Dallas should Keefe go back to the line of Nylander-Matthews-Marner or Hyman-Matthews-Marner?
guess it depends on the health of the team with that dang flu, if healthy id like to see Hyman back on that line with 34 and 16, JT and willy have been really good together like peanut butter and jelly.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
guess it depends on the health of the team with that dang flu, if healthy id like to see Hyman back on that line with 34 and 16, JT and willy have been really good together like peanut butter and jelly.
Maybe Keefe didn't want Tavares and Nylander on the same line since both were sick, although it's too bad we didn't see Marner, Matthews and Nylander provide any scoring.

Reactions: ACC1224

Cleetus

Brick Woll
Jan 2, 2012
North!
Maybe Keefe didn't want Tavares and Nylander on the same line since both were sick, although it's too bad we didn't see Marner, Matthews and Nylander provide any scoring.
yea exactly what I was thinking about the sickness, oh well Keefe can put that line together again it may work, but I just like Hyman on that line with Marner and Matthews, and Willy with JT jmo of course:)

Reactions: LeafsNation75

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
yea exactly what I was thinking about the sickness, oh well Keefe can put that line together again it may work, but I just like Hyman on that line with Marner and Matthews, and Willy with JT jmo of course:)
Prior to the flu going around the team you can't argue with the success of both lines.

Reactions: rubous

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
I think he was pretty good tonight, at least after the lines switched back to normal. Like I said in the other thread, he somehow ends up in Willy's shadow and doesn't get a lot of puck touches when they are together. Once they were broken up, Marner had the puck a ton and managed to break down their defensive structure over and over.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Non factor right now. One thing has become common, whatever line he goes to, starts to struggle defensively.

Reactions: Lemontree

stewpac

Nov 30, 2015
Mitch use to be such a spark plug, from London to the nhl he always wanted it so bad. That fire just seems to be gone.

Reactions: 81Leafs50

stewpac

Nov 30, 2015
He showed his true colours in the offseason.... now send him to Ohio
Definitely not lol, he's lost his swagger right now but losing him would set us back years. Guy is an amazing player, but he lacks confidence in himself. He did the same thing in london, he even left the team for awhile during the season.

Reactions: stickty111

axlrose87

Jul 13, 2018
Definitely not lol, he's lost his swagger right now but losing him would set us back years. Guy is an amazing player, but he lacks confidence in himself. He did the same thing in london, he even left the team for awhile during the season.
I think they weight of his burdensome contract is a big problem.
His numbers look good but he has not been as good.
He wanted to be paid like one of the nhls premier players but he simply isn’t.
Now he needs to go

Reactions: carosey12

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Marner is far from the reason why the whole team is struggling. Let's not turn against him because of his contract and exactlty what was happening recently when Tavares was struggling.

Reactions: ACC1224
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->