Tribute Mitch Marner Discussion- the all talk edition

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
When you act like your Mr. Toronto, you better perform like your the best player and Marner hasn't shown that.
Matthews has also been our best playoff performer, where Marner has only had 1 good playoffs, and in the 2 he hasn't, he has been given excuses by the supporters.
Matthews has been clearly the better player and this season it wasn't even close.
Marner is a penalty killer on a PK which hasn't been good results wise.

Marner has been on amazing lines, so the MVP's aren't that impressive. While Matthews has been usually on worse lines but his play was miles better then Marner, and clearly settled in as a leader on this team.
Marner just called out other players but never backed up the comments with his play.

Marner supporters can't understand he is behind Matthews and closer to Nylander as a player.

You go on like being between Matthews and Nylander is a bad thing ha. Thats funny stuff. You don’t deserve this team

Myopic

Feb 26, 2017
Marner has to go eventually. He's been dead to me ever since he made the power greed move.

I love him as a player but cannot stand his lack of integrity. Unfortunately that will never change for me and many many other Leafs fans. He's living on borrowed time in Toronto. I don't see him as part of the future group that will win a Stanley Cup.

Reactions: Al14

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Marner has to go eventually. He's been dead to me ever since he made the power greed move.

I love him as a player but cannot stand his lack of integrity. Unfortunately that will never change for me and many many other Leafs fans. He's living on borrowed time in Toronto. I don't see him as part of the future group that will win a Stanley Cup.
Why don’t you do a poll on how many this many many leaf fans are. I don’t think its as many many as you think. Same handful from what i gather. You’s aren’t that many. Very much a small vocal group with nothing to complain about other than a contract really. Just like you said yourself, its not his play? Just enjoy the game.
I would give them all a million a year and ticket prices would be 80% cheaper for fans but..... thats not happening.

Reactions: Beyonder91

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
What are you talking about?

They wanted a front-loaded contract with max bonuses, in order to make as much money upfront as possible. Due to the pandemic, most of that money will be lost to escrow and they will end up with less money than if it were evenly distributed in salary.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
They wanted a front-loaded contract with max bonuses, in order to make as much money upfront as possible. Due to the pandemic, most of that money will be lost to escrow and they will end up with less money than if it were evenly distributed in salary.
It wouldn’t go off average cap hit per year? Thats a unfair burden but i never seen anything ever that said it was average cap hit. Ohhh that would sting. All our top four would burn on it.

SlpLessInMuskoka18

Aug 13, 2018
Be funny if the narrative changes and Dubas becomes the owner's best asset saving mlse millions by front loading the contracts just before a pandemic surfaces lol

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
It wouldn’t go off average cap hit per year? Thats a unfair burden but i never seen anything ever that said it was average cap hit. Ohhh that would sting. All our top four would burn on it.

No because contracts are too front-loaded and owners don't want to be out millions perpetually. According to capfriendly, the Leafs salary expenditure for this season was 114 million. League-wide salaries probably exceeded the cap by 100 million.

Reactions: Wafflewhipper

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
No because contracts are too front-loaded and owners don't want to be out millions perpetually. According to capfriendly, the Leafs salary expenditure for this season was 114 million. League-wide salaries probably exceeded the cap by 100 million.
Wow thats crazy

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
A few years ago, the Leafs had enough cap buried in the minors + retention + LTIR, that it could have reached the cap floor without taking into account a single roster player
Ha really, I didn’t know that. More money than brains eh :)

Beyonder91

RASMUS
Oct 13, 2006
Toronto
Looks like the Nylander lovers ergo Marner is crap (even though he is 1000× better) still holds this forum. Chased away most of the real fans. I suppose when you have mods encouraging this crap, this is what happens. Sad. This forum used to talk about more substantive issues instead of allowing the trolls to run wild.
Oh well. I'll come back when flakes are muted by something interesting.

So true! It's pure cancel culture and run by a select and clueless few that repeatedly and authoritatively (LOL) demonstrate their lack of hockey knowledge. You are also right about certain mods participating and enabling this behavior. The smarter minds realize it's a waste of time arguing with these clueless obsessive types and this toxic board is what we are left with.

It's really said... especially considering the team has a core group of young talent that hasn't been seen in many, many decades and certainly not in the modern era. Yet... we are left with these toxic posters ruining this board for everyone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad