Tribute Mitch Marner Discussion- the all talk edition

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Over the limit.
Forget about the points. This has been a disaster season for him. I said it before and will say it again. This contract will cost Dubas his job and would be well deserved. Marner better start performing or Dubas can rectify the mistake and trade him for a defenceman.
Also stop talking Mitch. You keep saying stuff but won't back it up.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Over the limit.
Forget about the points. This has been a disaster season for him. I said it before and will say it again. This contract will cost Dubas his job and would be well deserved. Marner better start performing or Dubas can rectify the mistake and trade him for a defenceman.
Also stop talking Mitch. You keep saying stuff but won't back it up.
The more he talks, the less sincere he sounds.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
The more he talks, the less he sounds sincere.

Yeah but I don’t think that’s entirely a Marner problem. The whole team is guilty of saying what needs to be done and then just not doing it.

EDIT: Didn’t account for the fact that he called out other guys on the team. Yeah he’s the last one who should be talking, especially after the performance he put on tonight.

Last edited:

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
I think it would be great to reunite Marner & Tavares it could be a form of damage containment. Put the two losers on one line and play that line in a sheltered way so that the damage to the team is contained a bit.

klmdg

Feb 18, 2016
Nylanders are gonna enjoy this thread after all the shit they took

0093425990b6f2441ffd548bd5438728.jpg

Reactions: 81Leafs50

I am Canadian

AM34|WN88|MM16
May 22, 2008
Toronto
It's hard to feel bad for him after all the shit that went down in the media. Whoever was whispering in his ear throughout the contract negotiations was not doing him any good. When you hold out (I know he didn't technically hold out) it obviously has long-term negativity as we see with Nylander.

If he had signed at a reasonable price compared to the other RFA's I don't think anyone would have been as hard on his struggles. When you squeeze all the money you can you don't get to have much benefit of the doubt when you aren't performing up to your contract.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
So tired of hearing Marner talk all season and not do anything.

3 11m players not working.

klmdg

Feb 18, 2016
Nylander was very professional throughout the negotiotions. He even admitted to being bad last season. Can't say the same for Mitch.

Exactly my point.

Nylander was vilified for trying to get as much as he could when he knew damn well the hometown kid was going to get the earth, moon, sun and stars.

Can you imagine knowing you are just as good, if not better, than someone, and knowing they are going to out earn you by a boatload based solely on perception, bias and opportunity within your workplace?

Nylander has matured and grown into a real professional this year.

Meanwhile, Marner has gone full Benjamin Button, seemingly more concerned with social media, uttering bullshit, and hanging with the Beebs.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Yes and If Nylander was holding out for $6.9 then I would put more of the blame on management.
It's difficult with these kind of things because there's always narratives being created after a contract is signed, but I've heard that if Nylander had been offered a $7M6Y contract before the season started, he would have signed.

I'm not sure I believe it though. That would have been a huge step down from their initial bid.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
As for Marner, he needs to simply start letting his play do the talking. He's been inconsistent lately and he's been doing a lot of irresponsible plays. I think we need him to lead and I also think we need his energy and exuberance.

Cappuccino

Aug 18, 2017
the Netherlands
Nylander was very professional throughout the negotiotions. He even admitted to being bad last season. Can't say the same for Mitch.

He was professional, but he also missed a couple of months and because of that was a useless player last year. I know you much Kadri is blamed for his suspensions and thus the loss to the Bruins, but with only a decent Nylander, I give them a much bigger chance to have finished the Bruins in game 6.

Not that I like Marners behaviour during the negotiations one bit and I would have traded him a long time ago. I can't stand him anymore.

Reactions: Matthews34

stopclickbait

Aug 28, 2018
He was professional, but he also missed a couple of months and because of that was a useless player last year. I know you much Kadri is blamed for his suspensions and thus the loss to the Bruins, but with only a decent Nylander, I give them a much bigger chance to have finished the Bruins in game 6.

Not that I like Marners behaviour during the negotiations one bit and I would have traded him a long time ago. I can't stand him anymore.

I don't know what more you wanted from Nylander he was carrying the corpses of Marleau and Brown and still was one of few leafs that outscored the Bruins when he was on the ice.

The PK Marner/ One legged Hyman was the biggest reason the Leafs lost to the Bruins.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
You want to feel sorry for the guy but he took every cent he could get so I really can't.

He should be playing at panarin's level but he's nowhere near that.

His cringey apology after he signed his contract, him constantly calling out players but never backing it up, the complete laziness on the ice with very little drive throughout this season.

He has a lot of growing up to do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad