News: Mitch Marner Contract Mega-Thread (mod warning post 990)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
where is the rantanen/laine/point mega threads with 39 pages?

Marner will get 9.5

maybe 10 if he signs for 6-7

leafs are gonna be tight for a year, but it shouldnt be an issue if they bridge kapanen and johnsson then give them marleaus money in a year

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
I think it will be like this depending on term. 10 x 6 , 10.5 x 7 or 11 x 8
i would be floored if mitch marner becomes the highest paid winger in NHL history.

Kucherov 39g/100pts and 9.5 salary is the closest comparable. and he was on his 3rd contract and bought more ufa years

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
i would be floored if mitch marner becomes the highest paid winger in NHL history.

Kucherov 39g/100pts and 9.5 salary is the closest comparable. and he was on his 3rd contract and bought more ufa years
The market to me is shifting. Stone Panarin Rantanen and Marner will all make 9-11 million per year.

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto

Different market and different year, tho. Not fair to compare the two.

The market changes each year. For NEXT year, what Mitch makes, can't be compared to what Kucherov got last year. And Tampa doesn't need to overpay like Toronto does. The richest team(or second richest) out there simply has to fork over the dough, and everyone knows it.

I think Marner WILL become the highest paid Winger.........for about 15 minutes, until the next guy signs.

Reactions: 93gilmour93

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC

Well Mathews got the 2nd highest for a centre and he's not the 2nd best centre in league. Marner gets as much as Mathews book it he's actually the better player.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
LMAO Montreal is better positioned to win the cup in the near future than Toronto who managed to hamstring themselves into cap hell before even figuring out their defense and physical play

Montreal has no young elite talent. Not going to happen. Good luck with Domi as your #1 C.
Your best offensive player would be Toronto's 5th best forward.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
BTW, people are judging Nylander too soon. 6.9 will be a steal. Kid has looked real good past 5-6 games. He's a 1st line winger that can get 70+ points yearly, maybe more.

Incetardis

Sep 17, 2013
You are not the only one who thinks he is the better player.

Well all those people would be wrong. Mitch is awesome but to say he's better than Matthews is flat out wrong. There's a little recency bias here with Marner performing better since Matthews got injured but if you remember prior to the injury Matthews was on another level. Matthews can dominate games when he's at his best on a level that very few can match... Mitch included. Embarassment of riches though because Mitch is a hell of a player too

81Leafs50

May 14, 2010
Toronto
No, not quite. He signed for 45M, but he gets ~42M because of the time he missed. ~42M/~5.6= ~7.5

this is the worse math I have ever seen.

Nylander signed for 6.9M. thats it.

$6,962,366 x 5 years is $34,811,830. Total value of the deal is $45,000,000. SO 45,000,000 - 34,811,830 = 10,188,170 (which is $6,962,366 pro rated over from Dec 1st to April 10 instead of Oct 1 to April 10).

Simple. No hidden tricks.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Montreal has no young elite talent. Not going to happen. Good luck with Domi as your #1 C.
Your best offensive player would be Toronto's 5th best forward.

Hahaha playoffs are gonna hit you like a brick wall once again

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Hahaha playoffs are gonna hit you like a brick wall once again
It really won't. Tavares and Muzzin are added. Good luck beating the Leafs with those 3 centres in a 7 game series.
You win with elite talent. Montreal has none. In the end, this season is just robbing you of a better future.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
It really won't. Tavares and Muzzin are added. Good luck beating the Leafs with those 3 centres in a 7 game series.
You win with elite talent. Montreal has none. In the end, this season is just robbing you of a better future.

Better set up on defense and in net, can run 4 lines and play a fast physical game.

Montreal is built for the playoffs, Toronto is built for regular season numbers to inflate contracts.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Better set up on defense and in net, can run 4 lines and play a fast physical game.

Montreal is built for the playoffs, Toronto is built for regular season numbers to inflate contracts.

Yeah keep that fantasy going. Teams lacking talent like the Habs never win cups.
Max Domi and Johnathan Drouin, playoffs warriors. LOL

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
No, not quite. He signed for 45M, but he gets ~42M because of the time he missed. ~42M/~5.6= ~7.5

Oh goodness, you’re still chasing this white rabbit?

Wouldn’t it be awesome if your local tax agency taxed your income at $7.5m when your income is really $6.96m?

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Yeah keep that fantasy going. Teams lacking talent like the Habs never win cups.
Max Domi and Johnathan Drouin, playoffs warriors. LOL

If Toronto is le so amazing how are they only 2 points ahead despite the habs missing their #1D for most of the season?

Domi does have more balls than anyone on the Leafs aside from Kadri who is too dumb to stay on the ice in the playoffs. Glad you realize it too.

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Well all those people would be wrong. Mitch is awesome but to say he's better than Matthews is flat out wrong. There's a little recency bias here with Marner performing better since Matthews got injured but if you remember prior to the injury Matthews was on another level. Matthews can dominate games when he's at his best on a level that very few can match... Mitch included. Embarassment of riches though because Mitch is a hell of a player too
Embarrassment of riches I can agree as Leafs are stacked however I'm sorry Mathews is not on another level. He's on the same level as over a dozen players and below McDavid. Just because he's drafted first and thought as a savior doesn't mean he is. I'm sorry but Mathews has been in league 3 years now other then 40 goals in rookie year what's he done to be on another level? Before I go on 40 goals was awesome but still only 69 points. Year 2 63 points yes I know injured but not another level just PPG as many others. Now year 3 and though hurt again he's 47 points in 41 games again great but not another level. Marner on other hand this year is on another level compared to Mathews. Both are great I'm just surprised Mathews gets so much love when Marner keeps out producing him and doesn't miss games.

vanarchy

May 3, 2013

Why are you still using comparables when it clearly didn't work with Matthews and Nylander? Why would it work with Mitch's agent?

On top of that, Darren Ferris seems to be even worse than the other two. I personally think you're in for a surprise.

Reactions: Katani Kalan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad