Mitch Love

SlovakFlame

Nov 14, 2022
Do not know much about him, but his results are impressive. Do you think he is a suitable person as the next coach of the Flames? Could you give me a deeper insight into his abilities and personality?

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
I’ll be the contrarian here, since a lot of people want him as our next coach. I think he would be a pretty poor choice if we are going to replace Sutter for 3 reasons mostly. He has found success in the AHL, but by running a copy of the same system our team and Sutter deploys. His entire tenure coincides with Wolf joining the team, and the team doesn’t exactly get great results when Wolf doesn’t start. He also has a sneaky good mix of higher end prospects and good AHL veterans at his disposal as well. Lastly, he isn’t exactly “a players coach” either, so if players are having issues with how Sutter runs things those problems may not dissipate with Love at the helm instead.

If Sutter does get the door, I’d imagine we go for a players coach who allows for a pretty open offensive system to try and get the most out of the investments we’ve made in Huberdeau and Kadri, and to soothe player relations before our upcoming UFA crop. Boudreau would be pretty perfect, but jumping on coaches with high potential to get fired these playoffs if their team gets ousted early would be a great strategy (Sheldon Keefe immediately comes to mind).

Roadrage

Mar 25, 2010
Next door
IMHO, the only reason the Flames consider Love is he knows the younger guys and would come pretty cheap compared to a more established or younger but more highly sought after coach.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00