Recalled/Assigned: Mitch Callahan

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Hard work pays off? :sarcasm:

On a serious note, good for Cally

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Yeah, I'm sorry, I just saw a thing titled Mitch Callahan and no other information. I was like Mitch Callahan what?

Kyleftlx

twitter*****/kyle_ftl
May 9, 2010
Michigan!
Good opportunity for Callahan to get some work in and maybe turn some heads to his game. It seems like he has been incredibly unlucky both with his untimely injuries and just being in this particular organization in general. Maybe he would be in the AHL elsewhere, but he always has played well enough that you'd think he would get a couple more looks than just a single game over the years.

This isn't an exciting call up, but it's a well deserved call up.

GrGriffins

Jan 30, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Good opportunity for Callahan to get some work in and maybe turn some heads to his game. It seems like he has been incredibly unlucky both with his untimely injuries and just being in this particular organization in general. Maybe he would be in the AHL elsewhere, but he always has played well enough that you'd think he would get a couple more looks than just a single game over the years.

This isn't an exciting call up, but it's a well deserved call up.

Mitch is one of those players in Grand Rapids that the Wings will have to decide for next season if he is worth hanging on to, or to let him go. He deserve this after the last 2 seasons with season ending injuries. He has a great net front presence on the PP and he has above average hand eye coordination when it comes to tipping pucks in front of the net. Started out as a enforcer in his first 2 seasons in GR, but he has developed into a scorer and is a good checker. Not afraid to mix it up with the tough guys from time to time and not afraid to get under a player's skin either. I hope he takes advantage of this opportunity.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Happy for Callahan. This was the type of call-up I was hoping to see, something to add interest to our remaining games. A reward for the guy and as said the Wings can more quickly determine the future place of these prospects .

korrowan

Sponsor
Feb 8, 2011
Meh, pointless call up. Lose a top 9 and get some 4th liner up which means 4th liners on the 3rd line or 2nd again. Fantastic.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Hes deserved it for a while now. Has the potential to be a fan favourite and good defensive fourth liner with some bite.

I hope he plays a little meaner like he did when he was younger now that hes playing in the NHL. Thats going to be his role or he wont stick around

RedWingsfan55

Jan 5, 2015
Meh, pointless call up. Lose a top 9 and get some 4th liner up which means 4th liners on the 3rd line or 2nd again. Fantastic.

This team is full of third and fourth liners playing above where they should. That's why we're last in the East.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Good luck to Callahan, hope he runs with this and provides of the sandpaper others are hoping for as well. He's certainly paid his dues to get this chance.

Goalie guy

Jul 8, 2011
Taylor MI
This team is full of third and fourth liners playing above where they should. That's why we're last in the East.

And this is KH 110%, " We like our team", " Less is more", Smoke up the ass of the fans for I ****ed my job up for the last 8 years. And now some picks that will not play for at least 4 years and everyone is all excited? We are going to be bottom feeder for some time.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Hes deserved it for a while now. Has the potential to be a fan favourite and good defensive fourth liner with some bite.

I hope he plays a little meaner like he did when he was younger now that hes playing in the NHL. Thats going to be his role or he wont stick around

Never understood the Callahan love.

He seems entirely replaceable.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Never understood the Callahan love.

He seems entirely replaceable.

I don't see how these are mutually exclusive. Obviously he's replaceable right now, but he's the type of character guy people love to cheer for and his groupies are holding out hope that he catches on in the NHL, which is still possible. Half of the 4th liners in this league are dime-a-dozen guys who have hundreds of NHL games under their belt simply because they had a personality that caused folks to go to bat for them.

That said, my expectations couldn't be lower for Callahan and I doubt he sticks around. I do think he deserves the extra g's he's going to get for being on the NHL roster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad