Mitch “Magic” Marner Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garthinater

Nov 22, 2015
How am I a child for thinking they could win a game without a particular player? WTF is this conversation?

Why do I even come here anymore?

The poster never said you were a child. He said your post was childish.

Relax and breathe. Its alright.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Marner is the engine of the team. Most people know that.
There are a few that dont but I'm ok with a difference of opinion. There are however a few that still have their noses out of joint for looking foolish time and time again for claiming Marner is a lesser player to their favorite pretty boy. You can tell who they are when they say things like Marner is your love child or other ad-hominems. They lost the high ground ages ago. At least facts back Marners performance

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
There are a few that dont but I'm ok with a difference of opinion. There are however a few that still have their noses out of joint for looking foolish time and time again for claiming Marner is a lesser player to their favorite pretty boy. You can tell who they are when they say things like Marner is your love child or other ad-hominems. They lost the high ground ages ago. At least facts back Marners performance
@ME why dont you.

And please show me evidence where I've said Nylander > Marner in terms of play :laugh:. Just making up nonsense.

Notsince67

Apr 27, 2018
@ME why dont you.

And please show me evidence where I've said Nylander > Marner in terms of play :laugh:. Just making up nonsense.
You cant say that because it would be idiotic. What you do is attack Marner in a ton of posts and praise Nylander in a ton of posts. Praising Nylander on it's own is fine but I can only garner a singular conclusion regarding your long history of Marner swipes and likes of Marner swipes and not a single Nylander swipe. Your valuation of the two is quite clear. It is one based on emotion and cannot be supported by any factual argument. You pick Nylander as a better player because you factor in emotional non sports issues. Your facile attempt to goad me into some specious argument of a framed statement does nothing to diminish what is plain to see.
You value Nylander higher than Marner and you hate those who dont see it your way because you have nothing to argue with.

Reactions: Garthinater

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
You cant say that because it would be idiotic. What you do is attack Marner in a ton of posts and praise Nylander in a ton of posts. Praising Nylander on it's own is fine but I can only garner a singular conclusion regarding your long history of Marner swipes and likes of Marner swipes and not a single Nylander swipe. Your valuation of the two is quite clear. It is one based on emotion and cannot be supported by any factual argument. You pick Nylander as a better player because you factor in emotional non sports issues. Your facile attempt to goad me into some specious argument of a framed statement does nothing to diminish what is plain to see.
You value Nylander higher than Marner and you hate those who dont see it your way because you have nothing to argue with.
The irony in this post coming from you. Calling me bias. Look in the mirror buddy. And again, show me where I've said nylander is the better player. You act like you don't just shit on nylander continuously. It's comical. The delusion is at an all time high.

You get so worked up anytime anyone says something critical of Marner, or say Matthews is more important (news flash he is). You feel the need to defend and attack every single one of these posts that aren't positive about Marner. But I'M the bias'd one with an emotional attachment to a player and you are not. Got it buddy.

Last edited:

Garthinater

Nov 22, 2015

That posters lack of self awareness is astounding.

Literally not worth replying to.

Reactions: DarkKnight

Notsince67

Apr 27, 2018
The irony in this post coming from you. Calling me bias. Look in the mirror buddy. And again, show me where I've said nylander is the better player. You act like you don't just shit on nylander continuously. It's comical. The delusion is at an all time high.

You get so worked up anytime anyone says something critical of Marner, or say Matthews is more important (news flash he is). You feel the need to defend and attack every single one of these posts that aren't positive about Marner. But I'M the bias'd one with an emotional attachment to a player and you are not. Got it buddy.
Not your buddy and I have defended most players excluding Andersen and yes...Nylander a lot of times. You attack a top player in the league and you are calling me out. My criticisms are game specific. Yours are personality specific. Get ur shit in order and get a little self awareness.

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009

Angry Wendy at her best. I think her and MM must be buddies or something.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
If you are missing it, I cant help you.
There's a lot of examples of teams with a positive winning% without their best player. Kind of a useless thing to bring up, atleast in my opinion. I'm sure the team would produce a positive winning% without Marner too.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
Team goes as far as Marner takes them. They cant win without him and that isnt true for any other player.
Agreed, to an extent, 2017-2018 playoffs Marner was the best player on the team and I couldn’t name to you the 2nd. He had 2G 5A 9P in 7GP but we still lost. Year after that, Marner had 2G 2A 4P in 7GP and we still lost. Marner will need to be ON for us to win any series, but I believe we will need Matthews to be clicking, and probably even Campbell, if those 3 get it going, then at least till the conference finals, we should be good, after that some other players need to make huge stories for themselves

Also, that Marner injury came right in the middle of the plot to fire Babcock, our record during his injury wasn’t just because of him or he is the runner up hart winner every year since 2018-2019 which he isnt

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
How am I a child for thinking they could win a game without a particular player? WTF is this conversation?

Why do I even come here anymore?

You really thought he meant they'd never win a game without a particular player?

If you really did, you're probably wasting your time here. :laugh:

Reactions: Garthinater

Notsince67

Apr 27, 2018
There's a lot of examples of teams with a positive winning% without their best player. Kind of a useless thing to bring up, atleast in my opinion. I'm sure the team would produce a positive winning% without Marner too.
You sure about that?

Notsince67

Apr 27, 2018
Agreed, to an extent, 2017-2018 playoffs Marner was the best player on the team and I couldn’t name to you the 2nd. He had 2G 5A 9P in 7GP but we still lost. Year after that, Marner had 2G 2A 4P in 7GP and we still lost. Marner will need to be ON for us to win any series, but I believe we will need Matthews to be clicking, and probably even Campbell, if those 3 get it going, then at least till the conference finals, we should be good, after that some other players need to make huge stories for themselves

Also, that Marner injury came right in the middle of the plot to fire Babcock, our record during his injury wasn’t just because of him or he is the runner up hart winner every year since 2018-2019 which he isnt
I'm not disagreeing. If Marner isnt on the team doesnt win. Matthews is that guy who is like the critical star closer in baseball. You dont need him to win most games but you need him as the final piece to get you over the top on critical games....a role most teams dont have filled.
That last game was horrible.
Matthew line had 1 shot in 2 periods. After that Keefe shuffled lines like crazy to find something that worked.
Something is really wrong when the team xgf leaders of a game is Engvall, Mikheyev, Galchenyuk and Kerfoot.
1st line sucked and second line sucked even more because they weren't sheltered anymore.
Quite a surprise when the post practice interviews stressed focus to try to win the game for seeding purposes.
I really hope these players decide to play harder in the playoffs or the team is cooked. Shut Marner down and nobody steps up.

Eat The Rich

Jun 17, 2017
I'm not disagreeing. If Marner isnt on the team doesnt win. Matthews is that guy who is like the critical star closer in baseball. You dont need him to win most games but you need him as the final piece to get you over the top on critical games....a role most teams dont have filled.
That last game was horrible.
Matthew line had 1 shot in 2 periods. After that Keefe shuffled lines like crazy to find something that worked.
Something is really wrong when the team xgf leaders of a game is Engvall, Mikheyev, Galchenyuk and Kerfoot.
1st line sucked and second line sucked even more because they weren't sheltered anymore.
Quite a surprise when the post practice interviews stressed focus to try to win the game for seeding purposes.
I really hope these players decide to play harder in the playoffs or the team is cooked. Shut Marner down and nobody steps up.

Last game isn't a good indicator of anything. Watching the game it was clear to me that both teams were mailing it in.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Magic Marner at it again. He's only going when Matthews is. Not exactly what a 11 million player should be doing. How about not playing passanger to your centre? If Nylander played like that, he would be forced to retire.
Matthews had the effort. Marner just choked.

LastOne2100

Jan 2, 2017
Marner was just not good tonight. He better step up next game.

I still like him a lot as a player but that contract is just such an albatross.

Reactions: stickty111

member 298589

He needs to play harder, think quicker and move the puck with some urgency. We need a hockey flavour explosion, none of this plain, reduced sodium bullshit he's trying to get away with.

If I'm the coach and I see another Montreal back-check pick his pocket 2v1 because he stops skating and decides to start having his feigning tea party with the puck, I would have him ride pine for the rest of the period

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Very frustrating game one vs Montreal.

It’s up to Marner to prove he’s a big game player and here are a few different ways he can do this. 1) utter offensive domination a la Patrick Kane. Score all the big goals, make all the big plays. Be an undeniable superstar threat. 2) Fight in traffic to get body positioning to be able to make high skill plays when the moment presents itself a la Brayden Point. 3) If you can’t do either in a game, at least give us standard hockey buy in. Make the hit. Take the hit. Fight in traffic. Average and small guys like Nick Suzuki and Kailer Yamamoto do this. Don’t be on the Johnny Gaudreau program like the game doesn’t apply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->