Mississauga Steelheads 2019 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

STEEL33

Mar 25, 2019
I have yet to see a OHL goalie in Dunsmoor, but I am not a scout! I have wondered about Ingham, but I could see them keeping him until around the deadline depending on where they are in the standings and how Ranger looks next year. They could trade Ingham then to help load up for the next year with a high end player and a few draft picks to use a year later.

Don't believe we have seen enough from Ranger to trade Ingham in the offseason and Dunsmoor hasn't looked good in action yet.

They are going for it two seasons from now, I believe, hence getting 2 '01's in Penman and Prueter during deals last year. They have 4 players taken in the first 2 rounds of that draft now.
I think Ingham won't be traded and he will control how long he is here by his play!

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Very well could be, but I have wondered if they weren't too thrilled with their playoffs hopes next season if they wouldn't shop him around the deadline for some assets going forward. They will need more picks to buy at the deadline 2 years from now IMO. A seasoned tender could possibly fetch up a tidy sum depending on how badly a team or two needs to upgrade.

I see two seasons from now being the target but they still need to shore up quite a bit I think, perhaps a deal for Ingham at the deadline next year could put them in a position to really deal for two seasons from now if there is a suitable market for him. I would really like to see the team shore up some assets for the season after this upcoming one.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
First round pick is the 2nd D man taken. Like what I have heard about him, sounds like he can move the puck, which was a huge plus two playoffs ago.

See what happens in the third round, that's where this draft will be crucial for them, you expect a top choice to be a difference maker going forward but it gets trickier where the Trout will be getting their next picks. I do think the JR regime has been better then the old Boyd Gang at the draft table.

A few head scratchers already, a goalie in the top 10.

mtshapcott

Feb 12, 2019
We traded Michnac last June for Saginaw's 15th rounder (conditional). We didn't get their 15th rounder. This means we gave Michnac away for nothing. He scored 20 goals and 57 points for Saginaw. I sure wish i knew what the conditions were.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
We traded Michnac last June for Saginaw's 15th rounder (conditional). We didn't get their 15th rounder. This means we gave Michnac away for nothing. He scored 20 goals and 57 points for Saginaw. I sure wish i knew what the conditions were.

It was converted. Saginaw 2019 5th rounder. It was just traded in the Lyszczarczyk deal, along with a 3rd and an 8th.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
Yeah Whitson and Stubbs are both signed by the team. I agree that the team does need to prioritize defense as they do have greater depth up front and stronger prospects. Not sure if they will use a high pick on a goalie as they have Ingham for at least one more year, Ranger entering his second year and Dunsmoor signed as well. I assume they'll give Dunsmoor a chance if available as he had a good season in Jr. A.

They ended up getting DiLauro, which I think was a wise choice. Perfect value in the 7th round with Mississauga's pick distribution, and perfect for what Mississauga needed going forward. Goalies were head-scratchers for me this year. Teams did not seem to like them, and there were a few guys I think were not very good who were taken, and a few amazing prospects left on the board. I think they should have taken a flier on a Jacob Osborne (HEOMAAA Goalie of the Year as an 03') or a Max Donoso (one of the best AHMMPL goalies) in the later rounds. I like DiLauro's chances of being something once Ingham moves on, especially with a year of grooming in Jr. A or Midget AAA, but getting that added insurance would have provided more value than a lot of the guys Mississauga ended up selecting late.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
You're probably right. I thought Dunsmoor outplayed Ranger in camp but was likely telling when he didn't make the opening day roster. And unfortunately he had a terrible game in his first career start. Only option I can then think of is if they trade Ingham and go with a Ranger/Dunsmoor tandem and try to make a run for the 20-21 season? That year they will have a great 01 crop who will all be in their 4th year. Or is that just a crazy suggestion on my end?

I think they trade Dunsmoor if a team wants him. There are some teams who may view him as a cheap bridge for a prospect they might have, or at least cheap competition. Ingham-Ranger should be the tandem for next year, and after that, I would expect DiLauro to be splitting with Ranger unless Ranger is not an OHL starter, or DiLauro is not good enough for the OHL. In that case, they'll trade for a proven vet goalie who no longer has a spot on another team.

I think next year will be a year they try to build in preparation for 20-21. That 01' crop is going to be what takes them places, and their 02' and 03' crop just need some seasoning before they are ready to support them in that pursuit. I'd be excited, as long as guys develop properly and can take the next step. They've set themselves up well with strong drafting the past couple of years.

Reactions: Tarantula

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
My take on the draft:
1) Del Mastro and Sharpe are great since the team needed defense. Both can make an impact as soon as next year, which is important for Mississauga's defense, because it needs more talent beyond Harley.
2) Del Bel Belluz was one of the top guys remaining at his pick. Reid wasn't my first choice at his pick, but if they are confident he has room to blossom once he gets out of McTavish's shadow, he may become something special. O'Marra was a solid pickup in the 6th. With Mississauga's forward depth next year, I'm not sure I would bring any of them on the team right now though. I'd give the 03' roster spots to defensemen, but I'll go into more detail later.
3) I liked the DiLauro pick. I'm not sure he'll become anything spectacular, but I think minimum he's a capable OHL goalie who would be a serviceable starter/strong backup. For a 7th rounder, I'd take that.
4) Chisholm was a solid pick in the 10th round. 18 goal scorer on a weaker team, and a big body. Plus did pretty well in his brief stints against older competition. He's going to need development, but you could have at least a quality bottom 6er if he takes even a decent step forward next year.
5) I initially did not like Kogawa, but I warmed up to him. He's small, but he plays the right way. If he can grow, he's an OHLer IMO.
6) Mateer is another one I thought was a head scratcher, but I can also see the intrigue. He was the best player (besides their goalie, Cameron Smith, who was the second goalie taken in the draft) on a really atrocious team and he has good work ethic. He's not highly skilled, but he's the type of guy who could develop into a solid middle 6 center as he grows and develops. I am sure they are hoping he blossoms and finds more consistency as he hopefully plays on better teams, because he has shown flashes of being a guy who would be close to O'Marra quality than a 13th round choice.
7) Driscoll, Scott and Bolton were not picks I would have made. Scott was someone I originally liked, but I took him off my board. Way too much to work on, not enough upside. Mississauga did lack defensive prospects, but they did a good job in the earlier rounds and there were much better options at all positions than him. Driscoll is another smaller winger with some decent upside, but once again, there were other guys available who I think were much better options (including goalies). Mississauga has done well with smaller wingers in the past, but you can only fit so many, and he's going to be at the bottom of that list. Bolton seemed to me like a throwaway pick. He has a bit of size I guess, but no production, needs to fill out a lot, and there were definitely better players out there. I doubt he was really on anyone's radar, so who knows what Mississauga saw in him.
8) My favourite picks by far were the Americans. Drew Jeffers and Riley Rosenthal. Both are huge RD. Best part, both of them look like they could be willing to come to Mississauga:

- Riley Rosenthal retweeted his selection, which is not something you usually do if you don't have interest in playing for the team. Rosenthal was invited to USDP training camp though.
- Neither have NCAA Commitments right now.

Without a doubt, both of them could step into the lineup next year. I wouldn't put Jeffers in the top 6, but I'd give him 25-30 games. Rosenthal, on some rankings I saw, was even ranked higher than Del Mastro. If it helps bringing him in, I would promise him a legit opportunity at a top 4 job as a rookie. He has the size and skill to handle big minutes right out of the gate, especially if next year will be for preparation for a 20-21 run. You also need top 4 quality RD on the team right now. It may be a young defense, but if you could get all of Sharpe, Del Mastro, Jeffers and Rosenthal as your four 03' commits for next year, and have them join Ham, Penman, Harley and Callaghan on top of your forward depth

Hardie-Washkurak-Isaacson
Canade-Schwindt-McHugh
Portokalis-Prueter-Varga
Dodig-Stubbs-Whitson
Christner

+ Lamanna, McKnight, Bowers, Perry and 2 Import spots to use if you want to move someone like Varga. I'm not considering DBB, Reid, O'Marra, etc. because I think you can only have 4 03's on the roster for next year, and I would use all of the spots on defensemen. Still, you could give DBB and Reid their contracts and just not have them play for you right away. Clarke and Whittaker are dealt.

Harley-Penman
Ham-Rosenthal
Del Mastro-Sharpe
Callaghan-Jeffers

Craig Spence is the only other option, and he's not amazing. If they'd rather have an 02' RD and an 03' forward like DBB rather than have Jeffers (or if Rosenthal doesn't commit), that's his only shot. Even then, I'd expect Mississauga to rather spend a pick on getting another vet into their lineup if that were the case. Walker and Cella are dealt or released.

Ingham-Ranger

Trade Dunsmoor. Pretty straight forward decision in net. Use the U18 draft to find a 3rd goalie and to bring some heat on Ranger.

mtshapcott

Feb 12, 2019
I hope you are wrong about Whittaker. He's the one guy I'm most looking forward to watching next year. He has some skill and good hands. Varga on the other hand has great wheels and effort, put seemed to fight the puck all year. He has not progressed as Washkurak and Schwindt have. I would be surprised to see Varga back.
Really appreciate your summary. That obviously took some time and I have no idea how you could know so much about midget players. I'm guessing you are not a casual fan.

STEEL33

Mar 25, 2019
I think they trade Dunsmoor if a team wants him. There are some teams who may view him as a cheap bridge for a prospect they might have, or at least cheap competition. Ingham-Ranger should be the tandem for next year, and after that, I would expect DiLauro to be splitting with Ranger unless Ranger is not an OHL starter, or DiLauro is not good enough for the OHL. In that case, they'll trade for a proven vet goalie who no longer has a spot on another team.

I think next year will be a year they try to build in preparation for 20-21. That 01' crop is going to be what takes them places, and their 02' and 03' crop just need some seasoning before they are ready to support them in that pursuit. I'd be excited, as long as guys develop properly and can take the next step. They've set themselves up well with strong drafting the past couple of years.
If this team is where it wants to be in the next few years. I believe they will make a trade to upgrade that position but time will tell!

STEEL33

Mar 25, 2019
My take on the draft:
1) Del Mastro and Sharpe are great since the team needed defense. Both can make an impact as soon as next year, which is important for Mississauga's defense, because it needs more talent beyond Harley.
2) Del Bel Belluz was one of the top guys remaining at his pick. Reid wasn't my first choice at his pick, but if they are confident he has room to blossom once he gets out of McTavish's shadow, he may become something special. O'Marra was a solid pickup in the 6th. With Mississauga's forward depth next year, I'm not sure I would bring any of them on the team right now though. I'd give the 03' roster spots to defensemen, but I'll go into more detail later.
3) I liked the DiLauro pick. I'm not sure he'll become anything spectacular, but I think minimum he's a capable OHL goalie who would be a serviceable starter/strong backup. For a 7th rounder, I'd take that.
4) Chisholm was a solid pick in the 10th round. 18 goal scorer on a weaker team, and a big body. Plus did pretty well in his brief stints against older competition. He's going to need development, but you could have at least a quality bottom 6er if he takes even a decent step forward next year.
5) I initially did not like Kogawa, but I warmed up to him. He's small, but he plays the right way. If he can grow, he's an OHLer IMO.
6) Mateer is another one I thought was a head scratcher, but I can also see the intrigue. He was the best player (besides their goalie, Cameron Smith, who was the second goalie taken in the draft) on a really atrocious team and he has good work ethic. He's not highly skilled, but he's the type of guy who could develop into a solid middle 6 center as he grows and develops. I am sure they are hoping he blossoms and finds more consistency as he hopefully plays on better teams, because he has shown flashes of being a guy who would be close to O'Marra quality than a 13th round choice.
7) Driscoll, Scott and Bolton were not picks I would have made. Scott was someone I originally liked, but I took him off my board. Way too much to work on, not enough upside. Mississauga did lack defensive prospects, but they did a good job in the earlier rounds and there were much better options at all positions than him. Driscoll is another smaller winger with some decent upside, but once again, there were other guys available who I think were much better options (including goalies). Mississauga has done well with smaller wingers in the past, but you can only fit so many, and he's going to be at the bottom of that list. Bolton seemed to me like a throwaway pick. He has a bit of size I guess, but no production, needs to fill out a lot, and there were definitely better players out there. I doubt he was really on anyone's radar, so who knows what Mississauga saw in him.
8) My favourite picks by far were the Americans. Drew Jeffers and Riley Rosenthal. Both are huge RD. Best part, both of them look like they could be willing to come to Mississauga:

- Riley Rosenthal retweeted his selection, which is not something you usually do if you don't have interest in playing for the team. Rosenthal was invited to USDP training camp though.

Without a doubt, both of them could step into the lineup next year. I wouldn't put Jeffers in the top 6, but I'd give him 25-30 games. Rosenthal, on some rankings I saw, was even ranked higher than Del Mastro. If it helps bringing him in, I would promise him a legit opportunity at a top 4 job as a rookie. He has the size and skill to handle big minutes right out of the gate, especially if next year will be for preparation for a 20-21 run. You also need top 4 quality RD on the team right now. It may be a young defense, but if you could get all of Sharpe, Del Mastro, Jeffers and Rosenthal as your four 03' commits for next year, and have them join Ham, Penman, Harley and Callaghan on top of your forward depth

Canade-Schwindt-McHugh
Portokalis-Prueter-Varga
Dodig-Stubbs-Whitson
Christner

+ Lamanna, McKnight, Bowers, Perry and 2 Import spots to use if you want to move someone like Varga. I'm not considering DBB, Reid, O'Marra, etc. because I think you can only have 4 03's on the roster for next year, and I would use all of the spots on defensemen. Still, you could give DBB and Reid their contracts and just not have them play for you right away. Clarke and Whittaker are dealt.

Harley-Penman
Ham-Rosenthal
Del Mastro-Sharpe
Callaghan-Jeffers

Craig Spence is the only other option, and he's not amazing. If they'd rather have an 02' RD and an 03' forward like DBB rather than have Jeffers (or if Rosenthal doesn't commit), that's his only shot. Even then, I'd expect Mississauga to rather spend a pick on getting another vet into their lineup if that were the case. Walker and Cella are dealt or released.

Ingham-Ranger

Trade Dunsmoor. Pretty straight forward decision in net. Use the U18 draft to find a 3rd goalie and to bring some heat on Ranger.

Where is Wells in the equation traded for a late pick? I could see JR making another trade for another O/A like past years grabbing #88 AL this year and Carter.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
My take on the draft:

Canade-Schwindt-McHugh
Portokalis-Prueter-Varga
Dodig-Stubbs-Whitson
Christner

Harley-Penman
Ham-Rosenthal
Del Mastro-Sharpe
Callaghan-Jeffers

Ingham-Ranger

Thanks, always great to read some thought out opinions and insights regarding the draft. I don't have the time to follow the prospects going in.

I like Whittaker also, very quick hands and good at stealing the puck, see what the Trout do this off season.

I could see Varga and Clarke being elsewhere next year.

Reactions: mtshapcott

03HockeyFan

Mar 5, 2019
To add a bit to SeaOfBlue's excellent summary of the new prospects:

Del Bel Belluz - Very good hands and quite creative. Had a solid OHL cup and that likely helped improve his stock. Could potentially play 2019, but agree that focus should be placed on D.

O'Marra - An exceptional skater with solid hockey IQ. Great pick in the 6th. I suspect he would have gone higher if he had a bit more size.

DiLauro - Solid size and has a great track record of winning. Will be interesting to see how he transitions from the top team in the OMHA where he arguably had the top offense line in Ontario in front of him.

Chisholm - Sure looks like a diamond in the rough. 37 points in 44 games is a pretty solid number for a 10th rounder coming from a weak team. As he fills out and improves his skating he should develop into a prototypical power forward.

Kogawa - Size is clearly the reason why he was available at the back end of the draft. Great hands, great skater, solid IQ. Has not been as dominant in the GTHL as he once was, in part due to size. Will be interesting to see if he can make the transition.

Mateer - Another potential diamond in the rough. Mateer can be quite creative and has some speed to go with that creativity. Can take some undisciplined penalties, but tends to play with an edge. SeaOfBlue is spot on that Mateer is close to O'Marra's level of play. Surprised he was available in the 13th round.

Driscoll - Have not seen him play, but have heard good things. Also understand he has grown, so not convinced the stats posted for his height are correct.

Looks like a decent haul for Mississauga. Nice work by JR and team.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
Where is Wells in the equation traded for a late pick? I could see JR making another trade for another O/A like past years grabbing #88 AL this year and Carter.

Traded for a pick. Somebody would take him on for a pick in the 3rd or 4th round. Even Clarke may be able to get a 7th or something, if a team has the room for him. Otherwise, it's not a big deal if he's just released. Same with Walker. Whittaker could definitely get something decent. Probably a 3rd.

The thing with the OA situation is between Isaacson, McHugh and Ham, you don't have any more room for OA's. Otherwise, Wells would still be on the team IMO. I just think, at this point, those three are going to have the most significant impact and would be the toughest to replace right now.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
Thanks, always great to read some thought out opinions and insights regarding the draft. I don't have the time to follow the prospects going in.

I like Whittaker also, very quick hands and good at stealing the puck, see what the Trout do this off season.

I could see Varga and Clarke being elsewhere next year.

I'd move both Varga and Whittaker TBH. I just thought maybe you'd want someone more proven in the top 9, but I would be willing to make pretty much the entire bottom 6 (outside of Prueter and Portokalis) a total competition between all of your 03's, any Imports, FA's or U18 guys you bring in, and the good 02's you brought in from the 2018 draft (Whitson, Stubbs, Lamanna, McKnight, Perry and maybe even Bowers). I think the best idea would be to try and see what you have in as many internal players as possible to see if they are worth keeping or maybe even have some value on the trade market, and then really start building your team up at the TDL (i.e. acquire some 00's, move off any expendable pieces, etc.). I know with the carding system it is not always easy to do this, but I think maximizing your internal system is the only way Mississauga is going to go from a more middling team to one that can compete with the London's of the CHL... That is how SSM does it anyways.

STEEL33

Mar 25, 2019
Traded for a pick. Somebody would take him on for a pick in the 3rd or 4th round. Even Clarke may be able to get a 7th or something, if a team has the room for him. Otherwise, it's not a big deal if he's just released. Same with Walker. Whittaker could definitely get something decent. Probably a 3rd.

The thing with the OA situation is between Isaacson, McHugh and Ham, you don't have any more room for OA's. Otherwise, Wells would still be on the team IMO. I just think, at this point, those three are going to have the most significant impact and would be the toughest to replace right now.
Yes he will be traded but not for 3rd or a 4th Round. I would say a 6th round at best. Before last year he was a healthy scratch quite a bit.

Steel Fishbowl

Jan 22, 2018
I'd move both Varga and Whittaker TBH. I just thought maybe you'd want someone more proven in the top 9, but I would be willing to make pretty much the entire bottom 6 (outside of Prueter and Portokalis) a total competition between all of your 03's, any Imports, FA's or U18 guys you bring in, and the good 02's you brought in from the 2018 draft (Whitson, Stubbs, Lamanna, McKnight, Perry and maybe even Bowers). I think the best idea would be to try and see what you have in as many internal players as possible to see if they are worth keeping or maybe even have some value on the trade market, and then really start building your team up at the TDL (i.e. acquire some 00's, move off any expendable pieces, etc.). I know with the carding system it is not always easy to do this, but I think maximizing your internal system is the only way Mississauga is going to go from a more middling team to one that can compete with the London's of the CHL... That is how SSM does it anyways.

Let's see how a lot of these guys improve over the off-season and through training camp. I don't disagree with your plan of trying to clear out the bottom six/build from within but I can't see JR wanting to go through that process so quickly. It's only been the last 2 years or so where the team has clearly been trying to focus more on development and drafting, before that they were always working to patch roster spots through trades. They've got some work to do before they're up there with the Knights, Greyhounds, etc.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
Yes he will be traded but not for 3rd or a 4th Round. I would say a 6th round at best. Before last year he was a healthy scratch quite a bit.

He's an 01' and put together a respectable season last year. Last year was his first year eligible season. Tons of rookies, especially ones not taken in the first round, get healthy scratched as they get used to the league. Portokalis was a 2nd round pick and he only played 9 more games than Varga did in his rookie year.

You paid a Flint 5th for Whittaker from London, and he has played half of the amount of games Varga has at this stage of his career, and his production is not really better than Varga's would. I would say Varga gets at least that much.

EDIT: I realized that I may not be totally clear about what I meant with Whittaker. I mean at the time Whittaker was acquired, which was his second season after getting drafted in 2016, he has only played half of the games Varga has played after two years since Varga has been drafted in 2017.

Last edited:

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
Let's see how a lot of these guys improve over the off-season and through training camp. I don't disagree with your plan of trying to clear out the bottom six/build from within but I can't see JR wanting to go through that process so quickly. It's only been the last 2 years or so where the team has clearly been trying to focus more on development and drafting, before that they were always working to patch roster spots through trades. They've got some work to do before they're up there with the Knights, Greyhounds, etc.

There will be plenty of time to evaluate guys. Rookie camp will happen before I think you are even allowed to trade someone, and from there you will see which guys will be good enough for main camp. Trades don't happen until August (unless they involve Imports), and from there you will probably get a good idea about whether guys like Varga may get replaced by a prospect who has little to no league experience. The idea is to try to get some assets back and to see if the internal options are able to replace them. The former only happens if they determine the latter is viable, and they can start with that determination at prospect camp in about a week's time.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
Any ideas about who Mississauga drafts in the U18 draft tomorrow?

I'm thinking a goalie will be their first round pick, so there is extra insurance and competition for DiLauro in prospect camp and beyond. Jackson Mailloux from Elgin-Middlesex would be an amazing get. Late birthday and arguably the best goalie in the AHMPL last year. He may not even make it to Mississauga's pick.

Other options who probably would be available with their first pick, or even later, would be Bryce Walcarius, Joshua Johnson, and Nick Clay out of the AHMPL; there's a bunch from the SCTA, ETAHL, GNML and HEOMAAA, headlined by Noah Zeppa (GNML top goalie and top player last year) who will likely go early too. GTHL should have a few options as well, including some local guys.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
I don't follow midget hockey as I have no kids that play and work full time. I read up on some names for the priority draft but not as deep as to discuss this draft. Thanks again for some names to look for.

If they do draft a tendy early as you suggest then it might be the sign Dunsmoor could be released or dealt.

You seem to be posting here alot and the insights and traffic is certainly welcome, never enough Steelheads talk. Are you following the team now? Just curious, we need more fans as well.

If you have any insight on their U18 choices after, feel free to post. Looking forward to some info other then the usual websites.

Reactions: mtshapcott

STEEL33

Mar 25, 2019
He's an 01' and put together a respectable season last year. Last year was his first year eligible season. Tons of rookies, especially ones not taken in the first round, get healthy scratched as they get used to the league. Portokalis was a 2nd round pick and he only played 9 more games than Varga did in his rookie year.

You paid a Flint 5th for Whittaker from London, and he has played half of the amount of games Varga has at this stage of his career, and his production is not really better than Varga's would. I would say Varga gets at least that much.

EDIT: I realized that I may not be totally clear about what I meant with Whittaker. I mean at the time Whittaker was acquired, which was his second season after getting drafted in 2016, he has only played half of the games Varga has played after two years since Varga has been drafted in 2017.
I was talking about Wells who is a 99.
Not an 01.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
I was talking about Wells who is a 99.
Not an 01.

Oops, I read the Varga/Whittaker post, not the Wells post.

Depends who wants him. I've seen worse OA's go for 4ths before, but it depends on the market. Even a 6th would be a win considering he doesn't have a spot on the team.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
Any word on draft camp?

It was released today. Starts this Saturday.

TEAM BLUE
2Nolan MozerDefenceRightPembroke Lumber Kings U18FA
3Wade BoltonDefenceLeftCentral Ontario Wolves MM15th Rnd, 2019
4Chas SharpeDefenceRightNorth Central Predators MM3rd Rnd, 2019
6Riley RosenthalDefenceRightSouth Florida Hockey Academy U169th Rnd, 2019
7Ethan Del MastroDefenceLeftToronto Marlboros MM1st Rnd, 2019
8Michael McKnightLeft WingLeftElgin-Middlesex Chiefs Midget14th Rnd, 2018
9Ikki KogawaLeft WingLeftToronto Nationals MM12th Rnd, 2019
10Harris GoanLeft WingLeftSchomberg Cougars PJCHLFA
11Matteo PecaLeft WingLeftToronto Titans MidgetFA
12Luca Del Bel BelluzCentreLeftToronto Red Wings MM3rd Rnd,2019
13Adam O’MarraCentreLeftOakville Rangers MM6th Rnd,2019
14Sean MateerCentreLeftMarkham Waxers MM13th Rnd,2019
15Carson WhitsonRight WingRightCentral Ontario Wolves Midget12th Rnd,2018
16John PoirierRight WingRightMississauga Reps MidgetU18 2019
17Gabriel PecchiaRight WingRightMarkham Waxers MidgetFA
30Justin DiLauroGoalieLeftWhitby Wildcats MM7th Rnd, 2019
31Oscar CarsleyGoalieLeftMississauga Reps MMU18 2019
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

TEAM WHITE
2Tye ScottDefenceLeftMississauga Rebels MM11th Rnd, 2019
3Mason CarterDefenceLeftRockland Nationals Midget11th Rnd, 2018
4Deacon HolmesDefenceLeftMississauga Rebels MidgetFA
5Drew JeffersDefenceRightDetroit Compuware U167th Rnd, 2019
6Craig SpenceDefenceRightChatham Maroons7th Rnd, 2018
8Max DodigLeft WingLeftMississauga Reps Midget14th Rnd, 2018
9Callum ChisholmLeft WingLeftRichmond Hill Coyotes MM10th Rnd, 2019
10George DaherLeft WingLeftNepean Raiders U18FA
12Anthony LamannaCentreLeftAjax-Pickering Midget9th Rnd, 2018
13Nathan NavesCentreRightMississauga Reps MidgetU18 2019
15Josh ReidRight WingRightPembroke Lumber Kings U183rd Rnd, 2019
16Myles PerryRight WingRightAjax-Pickering Midget3rd Rnd, 2018
17Connor DriscollCentreRightToronto Nationals MM14th Rnd, 2019
18Patrick StewartRight WingRightOakville Rangers Midget15th Rnd, 2018
30Matthew DunsmoorGoalieLeftBurlington Cougars OJHL8th Rnd, 2017
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

None of the Free Agents look like anything special, except maybe George Daher. He may have a decent shot, but he's going to need to beat out Dodig to get anywhere. Bolded are the ones to keep an eye on for next year. O'Marra, Chisholm, Mateer (who is going to the OHL Gold Cup despite being a 13th rounder), DiLauro, Kogawa are worth keeping an eye on for 2020-2021. Also keep an eye out for Rosenthal... He could become the best player out of this entire draft class, despite getting taken in the 9th round. NHL-ready body and immense all-around skill. Adding him to the defense would be huge, as would the other American (Drew Jeffers).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->