Mississauga Steelheads 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Welcome to any Steelheads fans coming to Niagara should be a low scoring game based on the first two meetings.

Both games were close and low scoring. Ice Dogs have been much better then I expected, should be a good game. Dogs got some good goaltending in both matches.

Doesn't look like I am going down the hiway today, but if I did I would drop around and say hi, I figure you would be easy to spot counting the attendance, and since the Doggies draw so well you will be busy! :cool:

Cheers, 3Dog!
Should be a good game.

Reactions: three dog night

hauler

Feb 26, 2018
Solid effort tonight, nice to come out with a W. Nice to see the middle of the ice turnovers down tonight compared to last night against Hamilton. A plus was to see us find the back of the net. Props to Issacson that I have not been the biggest fan at times, but will give credit when its deserved. Still a ton of work to do, to get where I think this team can be. Tough road trip next weekend with Flint and Saginaw. Hope the goaltending is as good as it was this weekend, and we give ourselves a chance to win.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Weird eBay find of the "Day":
Screenshot_2019-11-04-17-51-37.png

On a related note how can I get to the arena via public trans from Toronto because I want to go to a game this season when I'm up there?

Reactions: Tarantula

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Hope so too, he definitely was shaken up. Unfortunately it happened as him, Portokalis and Dodig were having a pretty solid game as well

I know, and it was good to see some names on the scoresheet for the first time, hopefully he can return soon and not loose the momentum.

No games at home this weekend. I usually do OHL live for road games. Unfortunately my personal computer bit the dust and I am not going to replace it soon. My work laptop will not let use ohl live, I need a new flash player and do not have admin rights, stuck with the phone. Of course my Samsung has no HDMI cable jack as my Blackberry did.

First world problems................

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Tough weekend. Painful to watch.

Only 2 shots on goal during the first and 7 shots after the 2nd. Would have been hard on the eyes.

Next weekend will also have some challenges with a surging Sarnia team in town then they head back over the border to Erie for a back to back with the Otters.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
I expected some more starts for Ranger but he hasn't played well for the most part this season. I would have thought he would have a start this weekeknd being a 2 night trip to the States. He must not be looking good in practice either I would guess. Varga also not dressed, hopefully he will be over his upper body injury soon.

The Trout deserved a better fate at times during the early part of the season, but it is what it is and they lost those games. Now they have hit a rough spot and next weekend will be also. The red hot Sting then a back to back with Erie 19 hrs apart between opening faceoff. With three games in slightly less then three days and a roadie across the border in between Ranger has to get a start.

hockieguy

Sep 7, 2012
Ontario Canada
I expected some more starts for Ranger but he hasn't played well for the most part this season. I would have thought he would have a start this weekeknd being a 2 night trip to the States. He must not be looking good in practice either I would guess. Varga also not dressed, hopefully he will be over his upper body injury soon.

The Trout deserved a better fate at times during the early part of the season, but it is what it is and they lost those games. Now they have hit a rough spot and next weekend will be also. The red hot Sting then a back to back with Erie 19 hrs apart between opening faceoff. With three games in slightly less then three days and a roadie across the border in between Ranger has to get a start.

I guess getting a First Star in one of his 3 starts is not very good.

Reactions: Blueliner65

Blueliner65

Sep 21, 2019
I guess getting a First Star in one of his 3 starts is not very good.
3 games is a small sample size to pass judgement; good or bad. Saw what he could do last year with regular play; like last years 3 in 3. Kid is not getting enough consistent play to have any idea what he’s got.

Reactions: hockieguy

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Varga traded to Ottawa for a 6th in 2020. Great move.

Bridges the gap a bit in 2020. Originally no 4th, 5th, 6th or 8th round picks.

Opens up a spot for Stubbs and Dodig to rotate into, so younger guys get a shot. Varga was an older guy who did not have a spot going forward.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Like the deal overall as well, and Good Luck @Varga. It is good to make some room on the bottom 6 with some new blood and fill a spot on that draft grid.

Tough go at times for him, had a significant ankle injury his rookie year and just coming off injury.

Reactions: Steel Fishbowl

Steel Fishbowl

Jan 22, 2018
I agree that it is a good deal for the team, I thought they might be in a position where they would release him or trade him for a late pick (maybe 12th round). He never was able to live up to the potential the team saw in his first training camp and preseason.

Looking forward to seeing more of Stubbs in the lineup and Dodig has some edge to him which is sorely need on this team

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Nice game for Sauga, needed that win and how they got the two points as well. It was good to see Portakalis get a pair as he has been on a bit of a roll and Washer as well. Edmonds has been sharp as a needle lately, he didn't face a huge workload but seemed in charge.

Whittaker I swear has a puck magnet in thw offensive zone when checking one on one or on a fore check.

I thought how they came out and played tonight was a great sign. They have had a tough couple of weeks, but you would not have thought that tonight.

Great game and good to see them still working hard, still a back to back with Erie.

Blueliner65

Sep 21, 2019
The energy of the crowd amped the boys play, could feel it. Well done Fish fans! Team was chippy, hard on the puck, a pain in the a$$ in front of Kooy. Ton of fun to watch.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Face off wins, 52 vs 29, had a huge impact on the victory. Well done Steelheads!

I heard some crazy FO stat for Prueter on the post game show on Sauga 960. Best game he has played that I have seen or remember. Seemed to be some prior history there with a couple Sarnia players from his days in the West.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->