Mississauga Steelheads 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
They certainly could use a RD man, hopefully with teams now able to take goalies there will be a RD there for them. If not through this draft then they will have to aquire one either as a OA or a trade, and I don't want to see draft picks going out now.

Reactions: Steel Fishbowl

Steel Fishbowl

Jan 22, 2018
Same i'd rather not see them use any other assets to acquire a RD so this is a perfect opportunity. You never know what type of deals they may have in place with players/teams/agents so it may be best just to leverage those and select the best player available. Looking forward to seeing what players they take as we've had great imports in Mississauga over the past couple seasons

Reactions: Tarantula

Steel Fishbowl

Jan 22, 2018
The Steelheads draft Filip Reisnecker out of Germany with their first pick. He seems to be one of Germany's top prospects in the 2001 age group and he has a track offensive track record back home

Scooter44

Jan 15, 2016
Hope young Filip is willing to come to North America. I think JR knows how to pick em so the kid could be a find.
When do the players come back to Missy? Looking forward to a good season.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Hope young Filip is willing to come to North America. I think JR knows how to pick em so the kid could be a find.
When do the players come back to Missy? Looking forward to a good season.

Usually there has been talks before hand from what I understand, so I don't expect a surprise, but it could happen.
Camp opens in late August, not sure of the date, but it is before the NHL camps. We will likely see Tippet and McLeod at the first and second exhibition games, after that they will be at their respective NHL camps.

Steel Fishbowl

Jan 22, 2018
I hope an agreement was already in place before they drafted him.

And for their second pick they selected defenceman Nikita Zuyev from Belarus. Intriguing pick, I hope he comes over as our defensive depth in really thin going into the year and he could step into a top 4 role

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
21.png
Filip Reisnecker (LW)
EV Regensburg U19 28 25 34 59 2.11 28
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Looks like he lead that league in scoring.

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
21.png
Filip Reisnecker (LW)
EV Regensburg U19 28 25 34 59 2.11 28
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Looks like he lead that league in scoring.

This is a bit misleading though, because the league structure in German junior hockey is a bit weird. It changes again this season, but last season it was like this. First the 15 teams of the league were separated into two divisions (no cross-division games). During that part of the season Filip had 5 goals and 9 points in 14 games.

Then the top 4 teams from each division moved on to play the next round. The bottom 3 and 4 teams respectively were joined by another team that qualified from the lower tiew league to play a relegation round.
His team finished 5th in the first round and had to play the relegation round where they finished 1st and dominated against overall weaker competition. This is where the numbers above come from.

But he was still impressive considering how young he is.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Thanks for the perspective. That is a different setup. Going to read up on him more once I can.

Steel Fishbowl

Jan 22, 2018
Congrats to Owen Tippett and Ryan McLeod on invites to Canada's WJC Summer Showcase! I think Ryan will have a good shot at a depth role on the team, and Tippett would be a lock should he be sent back to the OHL

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
New Video Coach, CJ D'Alimonte. Prior experience includes York U.

New Goalie Coach as well, Chris Beckford-Tseu. Prior NHL exp with the Blues and worked with Ryerson U most recently. With Joe Ranger coming aboard and Ingham looking for a better year this could be interesting.

Both these positions are pretty vital, the latter most obviously, but Video and Stat analysis is important if used properly. They have a smaller staff then most teams so the efficiency of positions like these are important. Both will have to adapt to the O as neither has worked there yet.

Reactions: Steel Fishbowl

Buzzin

Apr 1, 2018
New Video Coach, CJ D'Alimonte. Prior experience includes York U.

New Goalie Coach as well, Chris Beckford-Tseu. Prior NHL exp with the Blues and worked with Ryerson U most recently. With Joe Ranger coming aboard and Ingham looking for a better year this could be interesting.

Both these positions are pretty vital, the latter most obviously, but Video and Stat analysis is important if used properly. They have a smaller staff then most teams so the efficiency of positions like these are important. Both will have to adapt to the O as neither has worked there yet.
Ranger?? Vella will be back for one more season and then will be a battle between Dunsmoor and Ranger. Will see who has the better year in JrA

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
No roster listed on team site. Here is what I have in no particular order

LW
Little, Canade, Gaylor, Hardie, Reisnecker

RW
Schwindt, Carter, Varga, Tippet

C
McLeod, Washkurak, McKinnon, Portokalis

LD
Wells, Walker, Harley, Zuyev

RD
Hardie, O'Grady, Cella

Goal
Ingham, Ranger, Vella , Dunsmoore

OAs: O'Grady, Carter, McKinnon

We are shallow on right wing if Tippet sticks in Fla.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
I didn't see anything official either about goalies being allowed in the import draft, but I must have missed it as it did happen.

OHL insideout

Jan 12, 2016
No rule in place for OA goalies.
I don't see Miss bringing back Vella as an OA with Ingham getting drafted and ready to run with the #1 job, on a rebuilding team.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
If the spot counts then I don't either but it has been suggested that E Kerr has a relationship with Vella's family. I doubt he returns but he was the more consistant goalie last season.

I expect a better year ahead for Ingham, he sure has a lot of ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->