Mississauga Steelheads 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Hey All! I’m going to be at the game on Sunday, is there anywhere that would be a good place to eat before the game that would be close to the arena?

Thanks in advance!

Not much immediately around the Arena, except a Subway. There are some other options that are a fairly short drive, Swiss Chalet, Boston Pizza, Kelseys. Those are on Dixie Rd, east of the Paramount. To the west heading to Mavis, there is a Keg and some other places spread amongst the plaza there. I assume you want something more then fast food. The sad part is that the Arena has been there for 20 yrs or so and there literally is nothing by the Arena at all. Never developed. Your best bet is to Google map the area out and look around Dixie and the Heartland area, Hurontario and Matheson Blvd E.

Reactions: WolvesFan

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Good game by Ranger, pressed into service with Ingham out, radio said the flu. Could be tough as the weekend goes on.

I don't usually complain about the officiating as it is what it is but last night was a bit more then usual. I seriously wonder where the minds of some of these officials are, I have seen them looking right at a play and be oblivious to it completely, like they are on the ice looking, but not watching, like when I was a kid in class. I get it that it is a developmental league through and through, but the zebras did not have a sharp game.

4 in a row helps boost the Trout up the standings some. Hopefully they can keep up the effort!

Reactions: Steel Fishbowl

WolvesFan

The Voice of Reason
Sep 24, 2012
Sudbury, Ontario
Not much immediately around the Arena, except a Subway. There are some other options that are a fairly short drive, Swiss Chalet, Boston Pizza, Kelseys. Those are on Dixie Rd, east of the Paramount. To the west heading to Mavis, there is a Keg and some other places spread amongst the plaza there. I assume you want something more then fast food. The sad part is that the Arena has been there for 20 yrs or so and there literally is nothing by the Arena at all. Never developed. Your best bet is to Google map the area out and look around Dixie and the Heartland area, Hurontario and Matheson Blvd E.
Thank you Sir!!

Reactions: Tarantula

Steel Fishbowl

Jan 22, 2018
Amazing weekend by Ranger! Kid made the save of the year on Robinson.
Unfortunately the team missed Carter on Saturday and Sunday other wise I think they could have grabbed a couple more points. Still impressive that they are sitting in 5th place in the East this late into the season

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Amazing weekend by Ranger! Kid made the save of the year on Robinson.
Unfortunately the team missed Carter on Saturday and Sunday other wise I think they could have grabbed a couple more points. Still impressive that they are sitting in 5th place in the East this late into the season

Any word on Carter? Walker? Canade?

Yes, impressed with their place in the standings, not much expected this year.

Reactions: Steel Fishbowl

Steel Fishbowl

Jan 22, 2018
Any word on Carter? Walker? Canade?

Yes, impressed with their place in the standings, not much expected this year.

I believe Walker and Canade are injured. I remember Canade skating off with what appeared to be an upper body injury a week or so ago.

Carter I think was suspended from instigating his fight on Friday in the last 10 minutes of the game

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
I believe Walker and Canade are injured. I remember Canade skating off with what appeared to be an upper body injury a week or so ago.

Carter I think was suspended from instigating his fight on Friday in the last 10 minutes of the game

Yeah, forgot about the Carter fight. Walker has been out for awhile, Canade has a shoulder I believe, no idea when those two are back.

Strange having a Thurs home game, guess the schedule reflects the Superbowl this Sunday.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Had some nervous moments heading to the game, gas shortage? Closures, line ups, only in the GTA! :skeptic:

Ingham looked a tad rusty, expected with it being close to two weeks for him. Not the effort you normally see from the Batt last night. They usually try banging the Trout around. The Trout are still getting points, frankly have been holding up well after the trades.

Up the 400 tonight, hopefully the bus can fuel up.

Reactions: Lycanthrope

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Next couple will be doozies, Niagara on the road then home to Ottawa. Will be interesting to see how the Trout fare against these two.

Good effort in Barrie, plenty of shots, tougher to score now with the talent they have left.

Reactions: three dog night

Scooter44

Jan 15, 2016
Joe Rangers grand dad played with Barclay Playger in St. Louis for the Blues.
I met his grandfather during training camp. He is a very friendly guy who has played for 10 years in the OHL. Good story teller.
The kid has some pretty good genes. Looks like he could be a pretty good backstop for the fish for a few years.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
I met his grandfather during training camp. He is a very friendly guy who has played for 10 years in the OHL. Good story teller.
The kid has some pretty good genes. Looks like he could be a pretty good backstop for the fish for a few years.
So I will just ask out of curiosity how did he play in the OHL for 10 years or did you mean AHL, NHL?

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Sorry, I can't help there. I go to all the home games and actually live in Etobicoke. I know the home games are at least on radio now.

Hopefully someone else can provide some info on this topic as I am curious myself.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Sorry, I can't help there. I go to all the home games and actually live in Etobicoke. I know the home games are at least on radio now.

Hopefully someone else can provide some info on this topic as I am curious myself.
I picked up a the last two games on the OHL livestream. Not bad camera work considering it’s a media camera (I suppose anyway) and you get a couple of radio guys (who are actually pretty good) for the play by play.
So spider :) what kind of core fans are their in Sauga? I take there be a core of die hards?

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Any fans coming down the highway tonight very foggy here in Niagara fr rain back in the forecast then rain,

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Any fans coming down the highway tonight very foggy here in Niagara fr rain back in the forecast then rain,

Thanks for the warning, I actually was considering it and did look online for tickets. I cannot see the far end of the ice through the mesh with my old eyes and looks like there ain't much except by the glass, another spot that I will not sit.

Did sit there once 2 seasons ago, Mar 16th. Wound up with a game puck, first time I ever got one, but the view was bad.

Reactions: three dog night

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
You ever make it to road games three dog? You guys are up here Sunday. I like it, you’ll have played the night before so hopefully that will slow you down a bit :) I wonder if we’d see McGrath since you’re a few points up now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad