Movies: Mission Impossible: Fallout

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Didn't like fallout. I thought it was too farfetched. I understand the premise of MI is doing the impossible. It seemed to me the whole movie was impossible, not just 1 or 2 scenes. Like Cruise sprinting for what seems like 2-3 kilometres without taking a breath. Not even Olympic athletes can do that. Helicopter scene where he can fly like a fighter pilot, dodge and weave despite the helicopter being on fire, and then hit the other helicopter. Don't get me wrong, I like action scenes. But i think it was too over the top and if the movie loses any realism, then it hurts the movie because it is just not believable.

I'm surprised that you didn't mention him crashing his bike into a car while going about 100 mph, and walking away with a slight limp.

Reactions: Peter Sidorkiewicz

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I was a bit disappointed given the reception the movie has received. It was a fine mission impossibly movie, maybe a 7 out of 10. I'm a fan of the franchise but this one falls short of Mission Impossible and Ghost Protocol. I'm also disappointed that they dropped the gimmick of using a new director each time and going with a different spin on things. I thought that the cast was all pretty good. I will always ride for action movie Cruise and for Rhames. Perhaps this is a bit ridiculous to even consider with a Mission Impossible movie, especially when I have no issue at all with the ridiculous scale of the story, but I had a few problems with the story.

There was no need to do the reveal with Cavill so early. Of course people would guess what was going on anyway, but there was no need to show him handing over the new phone so early. It was also pretty obvious that Baldwin was in trouble once Bassett showed up. The main thing that annoys me however is characters putting millions of people in danger rather than risk losing one person. Yes Hunt gets ripped for it in the movie but not nearly enough for my liking. At least it wasn't as bad as the same problem in the The Last Jedi.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Really missed Renner's character. Movie was decent, but the weakest of the current trilogy.

Would probably rank it 4th overall.

Ghost Protocol is still my favourite.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->