Miscellaneous NHL Talk XXXIV: Start of Regular Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Not exactly. The New Year's Eve game between the Canadiens and the Russians is widely considered to have been one of the best hockey games ever played. The Russians would have been run out of the rink had Tretiak not stood on his head.

was that the game clarke broke someone's ankle or was that the game clarke broke someones skull / face. I get my clarke v Russia games mixed up all the time so i remember them by what violent act he committed that game.

Magua

Doer of Hoffific Things
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Watching the Leafs-Wings game. Does anyone other than Kane wear #88? It just looks stupid on Nylander.

Beaulieu, Burns, Gaudette, Kane, Mangiapane, Necas, Nylander, Pastrnak, Schmidt, Vasilevskiy.

Pretty good company.

Necas does for the Canes, I think.

Of course you mention the guy on the Canes. Can we go one page without a mention of the Canes?! Smh. Imho. Wwjd.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Of course you mention the guy on the Canes. Can we go one page without a mention of the Canes?! Smh. Imho. Wwjd.

I even made them a picture, because I am listening to this tool now.

f6wcMIb.jpg

Magua

Doer of Hoffific Things
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Minnesota down 2-0 on the verge of starting the season 0-4. Ron Hextall may be flawed, but I just chuckle at him being the favorite for the Wild GM job until telling the owner they need to go full rebuild. And the owner going, "Lol no." That team is just so f***ed going status quo. Their 3 leading point getters right now are defensemen, a super tiny prospect pool, aging anchor contracts, zero chance to contend.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Minnesota down 2-0 on the verge of starting the season 0-4. Ron Hextall may be flawed, but I just chuckle at him being the favorite for the Wild GM job until telling the owner they need to go full rebuild. And the owner going, "Lol no." That team is just so ****ed going status quo. Their 3 leading point getters right now are defensemen, a super tiny prospect pool, aging anchor contracts, zero chance to contend.

i said it two years ago. Id rather be any nhl team than the wild. I hope That team keeps losing until they beg hexy to come back

Magua

Doer of Hoffific Things
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Eric Staal signing a ridiculous underpay, on his last chance for a sizable contract, to stay there still gets me. Why do that to yourself? At least Zuccarello got market money to waste his last good years.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Eric Staal signing a ridiculous underpay, on his last chance for a sizable contract, to stay there still gets me. Why do that to yourself? At least Zuccarello got market money to waste his last good years.
Made a ton of money. Probably just grateful for being a system that he could thrive in.

Here4ThaLids

“Sunshine has always been our enemy.”
Sep 28, 2018
Sooo.... Ottawa's not going to look for a president of hockey ops. Calling it off. It's all Dorion from here on out!

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Vegas made a lot of bad moves this offseason (Miller/Gusev trades IMO) but they're doing well because the top line is dominating again and Mark Stone (on second line) is a franchise player.

Also, Cody Glass has 4 points in 5 games getting like 11 minutes per while playing with Eakin/Zykov. No reason why Frost couldn't do the same here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->