Miscellaneous NHL Talk XXX - 2019 Offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Marner wants 10 mill x 3 years on a bridge deal haha. This is not going to be good for the leafs or the rest of the year. It’s not like they can have him hold out. It’s like they are all in this year with their D falling off a cliff after this season.
Where did you see this?

Oh...and we could trade for Marner. Look at this trade suggestion on the main boards:

Toronto:
Nolan Patrick
Ivan Provorov
1st 2020
1st 2021
Conditional 1st 2022 or 2nd 2021, depending on the contract

Philadelphia:
Mitch Marner

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Where did you see this?

Oh...and we could trade for Marner. Look at this trade suggestion on the main boards:

Toronto:
Nolan Patrick
Ivan Provorov
1st 2020
1st 2021

Philadelphia:
Mitch Marner

Flyers need to add $1.000.000

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
Flyers need to add $1.000.000
c054a0fbc4ae533f5a7831dadc819c9a.jpeg

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
That seems like a pretty low bar. Svechnikov had a mediocre rookie season, barely better than Patrick in his first two years.
Svechnikov was only 18, & had a 20 goal, 37 point season.

Patrick, two years older at age 20 & in his 2nd season, had a career high 13 goals & 31 points.

Svechnikov’s development is ahead of Patrick’s & IMO is a star waiting to burst out this season. He improved greatly throughout his rookie year.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
Where did you see this?

Toronto:
Nolan Patrick
Ivan Provorov
1st 2020
1st 2021

Philadelphia:
Mitch Marner

They can Go f*** Themselves.

I'd counter with that package from the Flyers for Marner and Matthews.

Reactions: BiggE and Amorgus

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
A player of Patrick's type is one that I expect will take some time to get going in the NHL. Nonetheless, I was disappointed to see his passing become less precise last season. He probably led the team in "perfect" passes his rookie year, in terms of putting the puck in the exact right place with it even matching the receiving players' speed to make it so even I, a noted fat slob toilet person, could have taken the pass.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Crosby was on Chiclets today and said he almost accelerated school to attend North Dakota in time for his draft year. :help:

Reactions: Cody Webster

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Svechnikov was only 18, & had a 20 goal, 37 point season.

Patrick, two years older at age 20 & in his 2nd season, had a career high 13 goals & 31 points.

Svechnikov’s development is ahead of Patrick’s & IMO is a star waiting to burst out this season. He improved greatly throughout his rookie year.
Patrick for where he is drafted is a let down and hasn't been good at all except for a couple games.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
NHL.com(I think thats where it came from) had a over/under for each team.
Boomer Gordon talked about it on his show today. Flyers o/u is 90. I think the Caps were the first team listed in the metro at 95

Edit: not sure why I originally typed he, but yeah. It was Boomer Gordons Power Play show

Last edited:

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
Where did you see this?

Toronto:
Nolan Patrick
Ivan Provorov
1st 2020
1st 2021

Philadelphia:
Mitch Marner
Ha!

A player of Patrick's type is one that I expect will take some time to get going in the NHL. Nonetheless, I was disappointed to see his passing become less precise last season. He probably led the team in "perfect" passes his rookie year, in terms of putting the puck in the exact right place with it even matching the receiving players' speed to make it so even I, a noted fat slob toilet person, could have taken the pass.
Don’t be so tough on yourself. I’m a less noted fat slob toilet person.

Alison Lukan at The Athletic predicts the Flyers will finish with 79 points "using wins above replacement (WAR) data from Evolving-Hockey, each team’s anticipated standings points is calculated."

Projecting the 2019-20 NHL standings: How does each roster...

That's a Points% of 0.482, which would be their worst finish since 06-07, and before that since 93-94.

NHL.com - Stats
Also, ha!

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Did they remember to account for several major changes from last year?

The Flyers in general have too much unpredictability to accurately judge by a model. We have new coaches, a lot of young players that could easily exceed expectations and are hard to project. I think it's too low, but I understand why Evolving Hockey projects as such given the quantifiable major changes made.

Our big additions were Braun and Niskanen, who graded out as negative WAR players last season (Braun bottom 10 for defensemen). Besides Couturier, Giroux, and Sanheim pretty much every player performed barely above replacement or below replacement last season. Some we can expect regression for; others they just don't rate particularly high even at peak. It doesn't say much by their modeling that Gudas and MacDonald had the 4th and 5th highest WAR last season.

Screen Shot 2019-08-07 at 7.17.04 PM.png

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
The Flyers in general have too much unpredictability to accurately judge by a model. We have new coaches, a lot of young players that could easily exceed expectations and are hard to project. I think it's too low, but I understand why Evolving Hockey projects as such given the quantifiable major changes made.

Our big additions were Braun and Niskanen, who graded out as negative WAR players last season (Braun bottom 10 for defensemen). Besides Couturier, Giroux, and Sanheim pretty much every player performed barely above replacement or below replacement last season. Some we can expect regression for; others they just don't rate particularly high even at peak. It doesn't say much by their modeling that Gudas and MacDonald had the 4th and 5th highest WAR last season.

View attachment 248551
My question is it predictive of this current year or do they assume status quo?

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
My question is it predictive of this current year or do they assume status quo?

Theres no way to predict it so I am guessing they are using status quo which is why its heavily flawed and ultimately worthless.

Look at the difference between Calgary in 17-18 and then 18-19 after a coaching change and a few tweaks. Outhouse to Penthouse (though they did shit the bed in the playoffs).

Reactions: Curufinwe
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad