Miscellaneous NHL Talk XVIII - 2018/19 Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I have finally finished the SJS game. The building in the last 10 minutes of the 3rd was electrifying, must have been incredible in person.

Feels weird to say but I feel bad for MAF, I grew to like him post-Pens. After the 2nd goal against he had that broken look in the eyes I remember from his Pens days. The "I know I should do it, I know I can do it... But somehow I failed to make that save" look

The game itself was crazy entertaining. But the reason why it became crazy entertaining feels a bit .. weird.

Still cannot f***ing believe Gallant did not call a timeout after the 2nd goal.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
It almost felt like he never experienced his Vegas team blowing anything and refused to believe it could happen after the 2nd

I get that no coach is perfect, and he has done a phenomenal job there. Even after blowing the lead, they came back strong and looked good for much of overtime, but damn..that was the perfect time to chill everyone the f*** out with a timeout.

Reactions: Peter Man

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I have finally finished the SJS game. The building in the last 10 minutes of the 3rd was electrifying, must have been incredible in person.

Feels weird to say but I feel bad for MAF, I grew to like him post-Pens. After the 2nd goal against he had that broken look in the eyes I remember from his Pens days. The "I know I should do it, I know I can do it... But somehow I failed to make that save" look

The game itself was crazy entertaining. But the reason why it became crazy entertaining feels a bit .. weird.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Stizzle

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Terrible call but you can't give up 4 on a major like they did

The OT was crazy exciting too. I was just waiting for Jones to let in a softy. He looks like hammered **** in goal
During the OT, I made an in game power rankings

VGK skaters
SJS Jones
SJS skaters
VGK MAF

Lowest factor lost the game. Even on the GWG, an on point MAF stops that shot. It wasn't some herculean effort by Goodrow, nor was it super tricky. Players try that kinda thing on shoot outs and get stoned all the time. MAF was the weakest link on the ice in OT. The VGK skaters almost had enough to make it not matter, but alas, Sharks - Avs conf semifinal.

Reactions: Peter Man

Oskar Man

Social Assassin
Nov 30, 2010
During the OT, I made an in game power rankings

VGK skaters
SJS Jones
SJS skaters
VGK MAF

Lowest factor lost the game. Even on the GWG, an on point MAF stops that shot. It wasn't some herculean effort by Goodrow, nor was it super tricky. Players try that kinda thing on shoot outs and get stoned all the time. MAF was the weakest link on the ice in OT. The VGK skaters almost had enough to make it not matter, but alas, Sharks - Avs conf semifinal.

MAF did make that one nice pad save on Meier in OT. The one where I think Kane fed it out front from behind the net

Agree on the winning goal though. That was pretty bad

Reactions: Ruck Over

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Was that the play where Danny B was 5 feet offside and kicked off the comeback?

What's amazing about that play is how little the Pens fanbase cares about it. That's the kind of egregious screw up that I wouldn't have any problem with them raging about until they all die. But in general, they don't.

Fleury was so terrible in that series that it kind of didn't matter.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
It was a poor call on Ekin, but you have to have your goalie make a save. You cannot give up 4 on one PP. ever.
I have zero sympathy for Vegas.
It's impressive they still tied the game and nearly won in regulation though. All in all they were the better team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad