Miscellaneous NHL Talk XVI - 2018/19 Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
what is our equivalent of brannstrom and a 2nd? Myers plus a 2nd? Id do that in a heartbeat

And make Stone our highest paid player at 9.5aav x8 years.?

Personally, I'm not trading our defensive players because we still are essentially hot garbage back there. We need to make sure we keep the keepers, until that gets fixed we have no "spare parts".

LVGK just went to the finals, it makes sense for them to be trading all these young players for quality veterans.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
@Jtown

The Flyers don’t have the equivalent of Brannstrom + a 2nd, IMO. I’m a huge Brannstrom proponent; could very well be the next Erik Karlsson.

Closest the Flyers could get would probably be Frost & a 1st. And Stone was a UFA & far from a guarantee to sign in Philly if they traded for him. Vegas has a huge advantage because players love it there plus get the huge bonus of no income tax.

Reactions: Jtown

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
@Jtown

The Flyers don’t have the equivalent of Brannstrom + a 2nd, IMO. I’m a huge Brannstrom proponent; could very well be the next Erik Karlsson.

Closest the Flyers could get would probably be Frost & a 1st. And Stone was a UFA & far from a guarantee to sign in Philly if they traded for him. Vegas has a huge advantage because players love it there plus get the huge bonus of no income tax.
I have the exact oppossite opinion on Brannstrom. In regards to the the extension in Vegas, I believe that was in place before the trade. Obviously the Flyers would be reluctant to make any deal for stone unless a contract was in place. Frost and a first for stone imo is too much. I think frost is a much better prospect than Brannstrom.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
@Jtown

The tax advantage isn't THAT big depending on where else you get an offer. I dont live in PA...according to the internets, its a 3.04% flat income tax. For Stone's contract, over 41 games, thats like 400k, (or one game's salary).

In CA, its 13+% for high earners, so he would lose like 1.2 million. Much worse.

I think it more helped that the LVGK went to the finals...and has a resurgent probably HOF goalie.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
What alternate universe am I in where people wouldn't have loved to sign Stastny to a 3 year deal at a high AAV? Or sign Mark Stone as a UFA (2nd only to Panarin on our wish list)?

To even suggest otherwise -- simply because some people don't want to make dumb myopic signings or trades -- is a fake self-serving narrative.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
@Jtown

Brannstrom sucks.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I think Brannstrom is very good; I've always thought he was very good back to having him like ~12/13 in his draft year.

He's not the "next Erik Karlsson." That player doesn't exist (until it happens). He's not that anyway. Maybe the next Krug/Barrie. Perhaps I'm biased, but I'd take Frost today. I think I take the player with 1C potential over a top 4 offensive defenseman.

Last edited:
Reactions: BiggE and baudib1

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
At best he'll be Greg Hawgood.
Are you a Ghost supporter? Because I think Brannstrom will definitely be better than Ghost, & it strikes me as odd that you would think so poorly of Brannstrom & label him Hawgood at best if you’re a Ghost fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad