Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Oleksiak has seen better days
IMG_20181219_222014.jpg

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
From The Athletic, keys to Calgary's turnaround:

What’s going on with the Flames blueline is really incredible. For context, this could be the first time in 35 years that Calgary will get at least 50 games each from two rookie defencemen aged 22 or younger. The last time? Al MacInnis, 20, and Jamie Macoun, 22, back in 1983-84. Before that, it was Charlie Bourgeois, 22, and Steve Konroyd, 20, in 1981-82.
This not-seen-in-a-long-time embracing of youth began when Rasmus Andersson, 22, and Juuso Valimaki, 20 opened the season as the third pairing. They were both fixtures in the lineup until Valimaki suffered a lower-body injury. No problem. In stepped Oliver Kylington, 21, who has taken over for Valimaki and has already played 10 games alongside Andersson and played well.

The days of old, slow guys on the third pairing are behind us.
There is a youth movement going on and it’s working. The young guys are proving capable and are providing Calgary with quality minutes, while at the same time growing and developing their games to make them even more formidable in the future.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
From The Athletic, keys to Calgary's turnaround:

Love that, because I love Calgary, but also because anytime something like that happens around the league, it is great for us, because it provides a precedence for other teams to follow - we have the young horses in the stable and on the way to hit the ground running with this kind of thing. Juicy as ****.

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
I like it because it shows how quick the turnaround can be, it doesn't have to happen at glacial speed as we were told around here. Calgary was a like lot us -- a mediocre team with some nice pieces, looking for a coach.

This is generally what happens in sports, you have a new coach with a couple kids outperforming expectations.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
I assume that others have done the same as me and figured that Anderson is having his standard "raw stats look ugly but he's playing well behind an atrocious Ottawa defense" but apparently the advanced stats say he's in serious decline. So...

I can't believe I'm saying this but re-signing Elliott might be one of our best options for a veteran caddy.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I assume that others have done the same as me and figured that Anderson is having his standard "raw stats look ugly but he's playing well behind an atrocious Ottawa defense" but apparently the advanced stats say he's in serious decline. So...

I can't believe I'm saying this but re-signing Elliott might be one of our best options for a veteran caddy.

I cant believe you are either.

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

ellja3

May 19, 2014
Ķekava, Latvia
Devils down by two early in the game. I should be happy, but the combination of yesterday's loss vs CBJ and the fact that one of those goals was scored by Atkinson... Ew.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad