Miscellaneous NHL Talk V8.0 - 2018/19 Regular Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I’m guessing it’s coming from Carter’s camp but it’s been put out there that he could retire if he’s traded from LA to a destination he deems undesirable. He has no trade protection with his contract & $7M in salary left on it for the final three years after this one.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I’m guessing it’s coming from Carter’s camp but it’s been put out there that he could retire if he’s traded from LA to a destination he deems undesirable. He has no trade protection with his contract & $7M in salary left on it for the final three years after this one.

Imagine being so wealthy that you'd turn down $7 million over 3 years. Sigh.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I hope he didn't just walk away from 3.85 x 4. Curious to see if Buffalo angles to terminate.

It’s kind of interesting. It’s a lot of money but some of these guys are prisoners of their bad contract. This guy is barely hanging onto a career at this point in the NHL play wise but his contract is going to keep him around for three more years after this one.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Imagine being so wealthy that you'd turn down $7 million over 3 years. Sigh.
I legit thought gaborik would do this when they dumped him on Ottawa. Plus he has like legit shaky health and all those russians just can't wait to bail once their career is over. Bryz is like a god can unicorn.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
It’s kind of interesting. It’s a lot of money but some of these guys are prisoners of their bad contract. This guy is barely hanging onto a career at this point in the NHL play wise but his contract is going to keep him around for three more years after this one.
Remember when this whole board was creaming themselves at the idea of him being our 3c. Jeff would put him straight on top line.

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
That's some crazy shit that he still has 3 years left. I personally think they're right around the sweet spot now for contract length, maybe a year shorter.

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
I legit thought gaborik would do this when they dumped him on Ottawa. Plus he has like legit shaky health and all those russians just can't wait to bail once their career is over. Bryz is like a god can unicorn.
Gaborik is Slovak?

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I hope he didn't just walk away from 3.85 x 4. Curious to see if Buffalo angles to terminate.

They had something on Berglund last night on HNIC. They said that he had a limited NTC clause kicking in and he needed to get the list turned in by July 1 - he didn't get it in in time, then was traded. So somewhere between that and just going to Buffalo specifically I guess is where his walking out comes from.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
They had something on Berglund last night on HNIC. They said that he had a limited NTC clause kicking in and he needed to get the list turned in by July 1 - he didn't get it in in time, then was traded. So somewhere between that and just going to Buffalo specifically I guess is where his walking out comes from.
Isn't he essentially leaving a ton of money on the table? Pretty crazy to walk away from millions.
Gaborik is Slovak?
My bad, but aren't they same in terms of their lifestyle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->