Miscellaneous NHL Talk V8.0 - 2018/19 Regular Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
Not arguing that but sometimes the forward on the board isn’t as good as the defenseman on the board and by boxing yourself in like this, you pass up value. Young top 4 Dmen are still worth Gold.

Agreed. You also kill any leverage in trades. For example, if someone below you in the draft wants to jump up to a higher pick due to fear that you might take the defenseman they covet, they can now relax safe in the knowledge that you don't pick D in the first round.

It never helps your cause to freely give away information like that.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
He didn’t really go full detail into it but he essentially said he was fired from the organization because all the hemp stuff. He said he was at alumni event talking about it & gave some stuff to some alumni which they took. He said shortly after Hextall called him up in like a 35 second call telling him he was being let go.

So Cheech got 15 more seconds of consideration than Hextall got on the firing call. Hmm.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
So Cheech got 15 more seconds of consideration than Hextall got on the firing call. Hmm.

Yeah I don’t know. He wasn’t bitter or anything. He just chalked everything up to it being a societal problem with a negative stigma around it instead of laying blame individually for anybody.

He also implied it was a building up thing over the years as he learned more about it he became more vocal about it. People around the organization & NHL weren’t real crazy about it. He made it seem like this specific event was a straw that broke the camel’s back type of ordeal.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
He didn’t really go full detail into it but he essentially said he was fired from the organization because all the hemp stuff. He said he was at alumni event talking about it & gave some stuff to some alumni which they took. He said shortly after Hextall called him up in like a 35 second call telling him he was being let go.

Hexy is a prick.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Desjardins had a broken arm that was on the mend and he re-injured it playing catch with his son. Missed the playoffs and added to the decimation of our D ranks that had Sami Kapanen playing D.

Between that issue and Weinrich being shipped off just for financial reasons, we could have had the depth on D to go all the way that year.

God did I love that team. They left it all out on the ice.

Reactions: Hakroach and Asnito

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
God did I love that team. They left it all out on the ice.
Primeau did most of his damage on home ice but he was a monster .

I'm still pissed Boston blew a 3 games to 1 lead which meant we faced the Leafs instead of the Canadiens in the 2nd round. If we got Boston and Tampa Bay had to play the Leafs we probably would have won the cup.

FLYERSG

Sep 27, 2014
Trade a 1st round pick plus any prospect not named Frost, Farabee, O'Brien, Allison, Myers, or Hart. Think I got everybody? Sounds goood to me.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Another hat trick for Ovechkin. 28 goals in 31 games so far this year.

We are all witness to what will probably be the greatest goal scorer of all time. Enjoy it while you can.

6th in all time goals per game currently.

upload_2018-12-15_0-28-44.png

15th all time in Goals currently

upload_2018-12-15_0-29-38.png

Could be 12th by the end of this season.

Stats courtesy of QuantHockey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad