Miscellaneous NHL Talk V7.0 - 2018/19 Regular Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Excellent hire by the Oilers. There isn’t a coach out there who will eliminate that team’s awful habits like Hitchcock.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
We need to hear the Hak version of these stories.

Now that McLellan is fired all the bad stuff about him comes out. Stauffer says management wanted Puljujarvi playing in the top six, McLellan barely gave him a chance and instead had him wasting away on the third or fourth line.

Manny Viveiros was hired as an assistant this season (best PP% in the CHL last year) to fix the power play. Two Oiler players told Jason Gregor that Manny was given zero input on the PP.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
He's going to get it. He's phenomenal.

Worth it.

Yeah, only issue I'd have is paying him that over 7 years, he'll be 28 next year so you'd be paying that for ages 31-34 when he'll probably be very good but not 1st line material. He's not the most committed defensive player, so if his offense falls off, so does his value as he ages.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I agree obvious that Q is not interested in a coaching job I would think until st least the offseason. He may as well take it easy and collect a ton of money. He wouldn’t get the full 6 mill from the hawks plus whatever another team gave him right?

I’d love to fire Hak and have knob as the interim coach. I wouldn’t hire another guy full term unless we knew what we have. Maybe cooper gets fired after vas has sunk them a bit.

Either way. Good news that all of these other coaches have been fired. Hak has to be sweating it out. Who knows, maybe the flyers were talking to Q as well.

Reactions: renberg and Asnito

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
So INteresting hearing what every other person other person than Hexy thinks.

You can’t just lose anymore, even in rebuilds. Teams have to perform for their fans and make the playoffs, we just don’t care.

Hexy is such a chicken shit and man I hope he goes down with Hak

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Yeah, only issue I'd have is paying him that over 7 years, he'll be 28 next year so you'd be paying that for ages 31-34 when he'll probably be very good but not 1st line material. He's not the most committed defensive player, so if his offense falls off, so does his value as he ages.

Right, it’s the same situation as Tavares. I guess the question becomes whose game you think ages better.

Ordinarily I’m all about preferring the Center, but Panarin is one of the few Wings whose talent plays beyond that to me.

Reactions: Curufinwe

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
Now we just suck all the way across the board.
and this is why Hak should go. Pp worse. Pk is worse (like dead last worst). Where is any evidence of improvement?

Everyone is acknowledging that the roster is improved from 2 seasons ago..yet we are worse. Time to go.

Edit...Im not even getting into if his system works or whatever because I don't know hockey well enough to know.....

What I do know is that we shouldnt be this bad/inconsistent after 3+ years.

Last edited:

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Remember that "losing culture" talk we had about Edmonton?

Starts at the top. Go, Chia, go!

So an assistant coach can bear the public responsibility for a foundering special teams unit when the stubborn head coach is really in control and micromanaging it? Hmm.

Very much this. Know who would know that? The GM. And that doesn't make things look better.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
We need to hear the Hak version of these stories.

I think there is a chance Lappy doesn't actually coach the PK and that he is just a "players coach." The PK philosophy falls right in line with Hakstols overall philosophy.

Reactions: Tripod

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I think there is a chance Lappy doesn't actually coach the PK and that he is just a "players coach." The PK philosophy falls right in line with Hakstols overall philosophy.
I think so too.

The PK is ultra passive, just like Hakstols shell, so it'd make sense both decisions are made by the same idiot.

Plus, when Lappy was a PKer he played in a more aggressive style, right? So he should know what does and doesn't work.
(I'm trying to remember, but this was like 8 years ago, so I was like 4 at the time)

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
it's not even expensive, it's obscenely expensive...like 2m past reason expensive...and signed forever.

All for a position that generally only impacts play when the other team is in your end, and the other team has the puck. Whereas other positions have impact in all three zones regardless of who actively has possession.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad