Miscellaneous NHL talk, summer Part two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
How about this list!! THN top 50 players.

1. McDavid
2. Crosby
3. Kucherov
4. Karlsson
5. Hedman
6. Hall
7. Bergeron
8. MacKinnon
9. Scheifele
10. Ovechkin
11. Kopitar
12. Bobrovsky
13. Tavares
14. Malkin
15. Wheeler
16. Kuznetsov
17. Matthews
18. Marchand
19. Laine
20. Stamkos
21. Jones
22. Hellebuyck
23. Giroux
24. Subban
25. Vasilevskiy
26. Kane
27. Panarin
28. Seguin
29. Byfuglien
30. Doughty
31. Barkov
32. Burns
33. Gaudreau
34. Pastrnak
35. Fleury
36. Benn
37. Forsberg
38. Carlson
39. Price
40. Eichel
41. Barzal
42. Rantanen
43. Kessel
44. Quick
45. Josi
46. Tarasenko
47. W. Karlsson
48. Marner
49. Couturier
50. Monahan

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
PIT
2. Crosby
14. Malkin
43. Kessel

WASH
10. Ovechkin
16. Kuznetsov
38. Carlson

WIN
9. Scheifele
15. Wheeler
19. Laine
29. Byfuglien

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Thanks for the inspiration @deadhead, view per team is kinda interesting

aRQpwAC.png

RANKKA

Give Glaude the world
Apr 11, 2017
EU
if G is at 15 in that i could live with that, but not while Marchand is there before him (puke)

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
There's more to hockey than points, Giroux tries, but his lack of size and speed limits him defensively, and when games get more physical.
Bergeron and Marchand are definitely better than Giroux.
However, I'd agree that Wheeler is a bit overrated. So is Stamkos. And Tavares.

Winnipeg obviously needs a new coach, 5 players in the top 30 and they come up short? :sarcasm:

To me, what this list simply shows is the Flyers won't be a top 8 team until Patrick and Provorov raise their game to top 50 level.
The top teams right now are TB, Winnipeg, Toronto, Nashville, Pitt, Wash, Boston, LA is fading, Chicago has faded, Vegas is "show me."

The core of this team will be Hart, Couts, Patrick and Provorov. Maybe TK (if he gets stronger and more defensively responsible).
Players like Voracek, JVR, Ghost are going to be complementary depth, as will Giroux in a couple years as he starts to fade.
Hopefully some of Frost, Lindblom, Ratcliffe, Allison, Farabee, O'Brien and Rubtsov, as well as Sanheim and Myers can fill out the roster.
Build enough quality depth around the core players and we should be a perennial Cup contender in a couple years.

Reactions: hatcher

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
It really is.

You know it's been 6 years since Stamkos has beaten Giroux in scoring in a given year. SIX.

Oh...and Hall has beaten Giroux in scoring 1 time in 8 years...yet is ranked #6???
Hall winning MVP was an enormous joke, and is the result of him trending at the right time, but the boting system is stupid as well

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
The Hart trophy isn't even the best player award that some people make it out to be. Nowadays it is the award given to the best player on a bubble playoff team, as long as that player doesn't have too much help. That or the player has to be easily the best player in the league.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
What do you guys think of sabres off-season? Can they actually make some noise next year? I literally paid no attention to them, so I have no clue about their players or coaches.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
How about this list!! THN top 50 players.

1. McDavid
2. Crosby
3. Kucherov
4. Karlsson
5. Hedman
6. Hall
7. Bergeron
8. MacKinnon
9. Scheifele
10. Ovechkin
11. Kopitar
12. Bobrovsky
13. Tavares
14. Malkin
15. Wheeler
16. Kuznetsov
17. Matthews
18. Marchand
19. Laine
20. Stamkos
21. Jones
22. Hellebuyck
23. Giroux
24. Subban
25. Vasilevskiy
26. Kane
27. Panarin
28. Seguin
29. Byfuglien
30. Doughty
31. Barkov
32. Burns
33. Gaudreau
34. Pastrnak
35. Fleury
36. Benn
37. Forsberg
38. Carlson
39. Price
40. Eichel
41. Barzal
42. Rantanen
43. Kessel
44. Quick
45. Josi
46. Tarasenko
47. W. Karlsson
48. Marner
49. Couturier
50. Monahan

This is the worst list of anything I have ever seen.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
What do you guys think of sabres off-season? Can they actually make some noise next year? I literally paid no attention to them, so I have no clue about their players or coaches.

Well Housley looked pretty clueless behind the bench last season, but they had a good offseason. Adding Dahlin, Skinner, Hutton, and Mittelstadt to their lineup should result in progress. Didnt love the return on the O'Reilly trade though.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
There's more to hockey than points, Giroux tries, but his lack of size and speed limits him defensively, and when games get more physical.
Bergeron and Marchand are definitely better than Giroux.
However, I'd agree that Wheeler is a bit overrated. So is Stamkos. And Tavares.

Winnipeg obviously needs a new coach, 5 players in the top 30 and they come up short? :sarcasm:

To me, what this list simply shows is the Flyers won't be a top 8 team until Patrick and Provorov raise their game to top 50 level.
The top teams right now are TB, Winnipeg, Toronto, Nashville, Pitt, Wash, Boston, LA is fading, Chicago has faded, Vegas is "show me."

The core of this team will be Hart, Couts, Patrick and Provorov. Maybe TK (if he gets stronger and more defensively responsible).
Players like Voracek, JVR, Ghost are going to be complementary depth, as will Giroux in a couple years as he starts to fade.
Hopefully some of Frost, Lindblom, Ratcliffe, Allison, Farabee, O'Brien and Rubtsov, as well as Sanheim and Myers can fill out the roster.
Build enough quality depth around the core players and we should be a perennial Cup contender in a couple years.
I fully agree. Stamkos is just such a turd and non factor when it comes to playing for team Canada or playoffs. It's very off putting and kinda feels like Rick Nash 2.0. Tavares on the other hand is a beast, such a shame he didn't sign in a west.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
Well Housley looked pretty clueless behind the bench last season, but they had a good offseason. Adding Dahlin, Skinner, Hutton, and Mittelstadt to their lineup should result in progress. Didnt love the return on the O'Reilly trade though.

Skinner will be a nice boost offensively.

Dahlin is great, but he probably won't be any better than Provorov was in his rookie year.

I'm not in love with CM and I think he could have a shaky start. There isn't that much insulation on this lineup.

Hutton... good move I guess. But, losing O'Rielly and adding Dahlin should only be a small net-positive on team defense, so Hutton is still probably gonna get pelted.

I see them still far below TB, TOR, BOS and FLA. But possibly better than MON, OTT and DET.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Hall winning was a joke.

15 points behind the leagues top scorer.

9 points behind the top scorer on a playoff team.

A great example of why individual player awards are meaningless in player vs player comparisons. Yet another thing the media ****s up.
What a shit show. Kopitar dragged his team kicking and screaming into playoffs playing with corpse of Brown and some kid by name Iafallo while being his usual selke self.

MacKinnon exploded and had McDavidesque season when he was terrorizing his opponents every single time with a puck on his stick.

Giroux was on ice for like 70% of flyers goals and the play has always gone through him.

McDavid had 100 points while being literally sabotaged by his organization at every turn.

And then there's Hall who had fantastic year, but looking at nerdstats and seeing that not only was 18 yo hischier scoring at higher rate, when separated he had massive advantage over Hall. I have to admit though I'm big fanboy of him so I'm clearly biased.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Actually, I thought Couts was the Flyer MVP, he did everything, not only PP1, but he lead all forwards in PK minutes by a wide margin and had the most ES minutes as well.

I also though Giroux benefited more from Couts than the other way around, Couts had the same advanced metrics the previous two seasons, it simply hasn't mattered who plays on his wing, he performs with everyone.
Giroux benefited from playing with Couts because it took a lot of defensively responsibility off him and Couts is a great possession center, which he has shown playing with crap on his wings before he got promoted to the first line.

I think if healthy, Couts will start being mentioned next season with Kopitar as the top all around center in the league.
His problem will be just as he finally gets recognized, Patrick may surpass him in a couple years.
Life sucks, and then you die.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad