Miscellaneous NHL talk, summer Part two

Status
Not open for further replies.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
I think that Hextall will go long term on Provorov and Konecny but not Sanheim yet. Provorov could get a seven year deal at seven mill per. Konecny, 6X6. That still leaves a lot of money to be used. Coots will need to have his salary upped at some point since he is underpaid by today's standards. Who knows what the organization will do with Patrick but it looks like they'll try to make him a Flyer for life. Credit has to be given to Hextall for getting the organization out of cap hell so that the record of no good Flyer leaving town as a UFA will stay intact.

Last edited:

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I think that Hextall will go long term on Provorov and Konecny but not Sanheim yet. Provorov could get a seven year deal at seven mill per. Konecny, 6X6. That still leaves a lot of money to be used. Coots will need to have his salary upped at some point since he is underpaid by today's standards. Who knows what the organization will do with Patrick but it looks like they'll try to make him a Flyer for life. Credit has to be given to Hextall for getting the organization out of cap hell so that the record of no good Flyer leaving town as a UFA will stay intact.

When Couturier's contract expires, so does Giroux. Who knows if G is-resigned as he will be 35 when the contract ends.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
When Couturier's contract expires, so does Giroux. Who knows if G is-resigned as he will be 35 when the contract ends.
Well considering 1 year ago he was a cap dump according to some, we should be lucky!

At that point, I hope they "Thornton" him if still productive.

One thing we could do at that time, is trade JVR for futures/picks, then just give Giroux the money saved from JVR.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
There are many times more wanna be NHL gms here and on social media

giphy.gif

Reactions: Lindberg

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
In five years we should still be in decent shape so he might want to stay. I guess Tampa, Toronto and Preds will still be legit contenders, but other than that I have no clue who else could be relevant.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Ellis only played in the AHL during the 12-13 season because of the lockout.

And didn't play that well in the NHL that year.
Like most young players, he wasn't hurt by his AHL time, the next season he took his game up a notch.

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
Send Amac to the oil rigs. Get some vet presence in there.

Unless their is a plan B, we need Amacs warm body this year. If Morin was healthy then 100% trade Amac, but we have the cap space and he fills a need.

Myers is ready NHL skill wise, but I don’t think you can count on him to be healthy for even 70 games yet. And do we even know if Hexy has any intentions of playing myers. I’m guessing no. Plus who do you pair him with? Sanheim-Myers will be a good pairing one day, but not to start the year. And Hagg-Myers could be very shaky defensively.

Reactions: hatcher
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->