Miscellaneous NHL Talk Part VII: The Not-So Lazy Hazy Crazy Days Of Summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krishna

Jun 15, 2010
New Jersey
NHL Bylaws

Section 8.5(a) :

A Player whose name has been entered on the voluntary retired list by a member club at his request or by the direction of the commissioner under Section 8.2 hereof, may not re-enter organized hockey, professional or amateur, as a player for a period of three years from the date of such entry without consent of the member club making such entry.

Does that not mean he can't play in the KHL? I would think so.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
This team is now sunk into rebuilding without their top 10 picks from 2013 or 2014.

Marty should hang 'em up, but all of north NJ would be on suicide watch.

Whats kind of interesting is that they landed Schneider which everybody was all happy for. And he's really good. Cory will be 28 going into next season. And again while not old, its not like they are getting this kid from 23 here.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
NHL Bylaws

Section 8.5(a) :

A Player whose name has been entered on the voluntary retired list by a member club at his request or by the direction of the commissioner under Section 8.2 hereof, may not re-enter organized hockey, professional or amateur, as a player for a period of three years from the date of such entry without consent of the member club making such entry.

Does that not mean he can't play in the KHL? I would think so.

I don't think there is an agreement between the KHL & NHL.

CS

Bryzgalov's Blueline
May 27, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
Whats kind of interesting is that they landed Schneider which everybody was all happy for. And he's really good. Cory will be 28 going into next season. And again while not old, its not like they are getting this kid from 23 here.

the devil's might be more ****ed than Calgary now....

The Couturier Effect

Aug 8, 2012
Michael-Irvin-Laugh.gif

:biglaugh: This is too funny!

What a **** move! I think Flyers fans would riot if one of our star players did this.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
I doesn't even really matter if there's no agreement in place. If Kovy wants to play in the KHL, then he's going to play there. Plus, the NHL would look pretty hypocritical after they poached dozens of players from the Eastern Bloc in the 80's.

healthyscratch

Jun 19, 2007
Philly
He'll be just fine.

Greg Wyshynski ‏@wyshynski 9m
In talking with someone close to Devils: Kovalchuk very tight with KHL money men. Source speculation: "Could make $50M in 5 years there."

What a punk.

JR isn't happy.

Jeremy Roenick ‏@Jeremy_Roenick
Kovalchuk is as selfish as they come!!!! I'm appalled. I feel bad for all u devils fans. U deserve better than that!!

Jeremy Roenick ‏@Jeremy_Roenick
Uwill all see now why I have talked negatively about kovalchuk !!! He doesn't want to play for the devils and he'll end up in the KHL!!!

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
Holy dick move Kovy, BUT I'm glad he's not playing for NJ anymore, KHL here comes Kovy

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Dmitry Chesnokov ‏@dchesnokov 2m
Source close to Kovalchuk said he saw it coming. Most likely Kovalchuk will play for SKA. I am told major announcement will come very soon.

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
Is he still Devils property? Or can he return to the NHL in 3-5 years and start signing lucrative 1 year deals with Cup contenders trying to get a championship?

CS

Bryzgalov's Blueline
May 27, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
1. Penguins
2. Flyers
3. Capitals/Rangers/Islanders
4. Capitals/Rangers/Islanders
5. Capitals/Rangers/Islanders
6. Blue Jackets
7. Hurricanes
8. Devils

I'm liking our division right now...

Embiid

*Injured
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Meh..while I'm happy to see NJ experience misfortune that team somehow keeps plugging along with interchangeable players. They probably won't improve over last year but somehow I'm sure they'll find a way to stifle the Flyers..especially since Lavi is still behind the bench..

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
1. Penguins
2. Flyers
3. Capitals/Rangers/Islanders
4. Capitals/Rangers/Islanders
5. Capitals/Rangers/Islanders
6. Blue Jackets
7. Hurricanes
8. Devils

I'm liking our division right now...

The Canes won't be that bad next year. They would have been in the hunt for a playoff spot if Ward didn't go down last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->