Miscellaneous NHL Talk Part 12 - 2018/19 Regular Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Let's not write off Laberge quite yet, I'm curious to see how he looks with the Phantoms, though next year will be the key (along with Rubtsov staying healthy), I mean these two will be ancient, all of 21 years old.

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
Let's not write off Laberge quite yet, I'm curious to see how he looks with the Phantoms, though next year will be the key (along with Rubtsov staying healthy), I mean these two will be ancient, all of 21 years old.

All of 21 years old and not much to show for his draft pedigree nearly 3 years since his selection. Maybe he has something, but the Flyers are swimming in depth and Laberge is running out of options

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Bruins scoring 6 goals a game without Pastrnak isn't helping the Simmonds market.

Thornton's first hat trick since 2010.

David St Hubbins

Well, you're not as confused as he is.
Jan 24, 2016
Deskfront, facing WSW

bad day if brandon manning happens to be your favorite player.

giphy.gif

Chicago ---Us --- Edmonton

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
ya but the list gets too New Yorky and gross in the middle if you do that. Need some nice Flyers in there.

Speaking of gross and New Yorkey, i'd also have Brian Leetch in there ahead of Housley. At least Richter is from the Philly burbs.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Leetch’s era actually beat Canada at a best on best in the 96 World Cup. So that gets them a lot of credibility as far as international resume goes. They disappointed in the 98 Olympics then won a Silver in 02 Olympics. But by the 04 World Cup & 06 Olympics they were all shot out (the ones still playing at that point) & the talent from the next era couldn’t overlap thus why they have to go with a pretty young roster for the 10 Olympics.

Reactions: Curufinwe

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Leetch’s era actually beat Canada at a best on best in the 96 World Cup. So that gets them a lot of credibility as far as international resume goes. They disappointed in the 98 Olympics then won a Silver in 02 Olympics. But by the 04 World Cup & 06 Olympics they were all shot out (the ones still playing at that point) & the talent from the next era couldn’t overlap thus why they have to go with a pretty young roster for the 10 Olympics.

Yeah, the best era of American pro hockey was built on the generation of kids who were like 8-12 during the 1980 Olympics. Leetch, Richter, Modano, Tkachuk, Leclair, Suter, etc. was the core of Team USA for like 12-15 years.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

And embarrassed US off ice

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Blues are so going to burn out once the playoffs start, but you oughta be glad for their run or both wc teams out west would be a joke.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Yeah Schenn a far cry...yeah that's debatable.

I agree, Manning is at best a #7 or depth defenseman in the NHL, but I am referring to the actual tweet and the silly comments about it. It seems people will connect the furthest dots just to prove a point. Hakstol has nothing to do with Manning getting traded, waived or how he was used on other teams. To be honest it was one of the dumbest questions asked on twitter.

Have you seen how Babcock is using Hainsey in Toronto? When he is out of the league next year will people question Babcock's judgement?

31 NHL teams in the league and 31 teams have scrub defensemen. Thinking the Flyers have scrubbier defensemen than others is absolutely comical. Ever year the discussions always revolve around if the team got better scrubs then the team would be better...here's a mind blower, what if the team's best players played like the best players?

*kaboom*

Oh I see. You’re one of those people who will claim that a player such as Manning or Lehtera can’t possibly be the AHL quality scrub the fans say he is because the Flyers coach, a professional hockey man, is playing him in every game. And then less than a year later when that player has been waived to the AHL you pretend like that you weren’t wrong about him before.

Yeah, we’re not really looking for that kind of wilful ignorance around here.

Glak18

Jan 9, 2019
Oh I see. You’re one of those people who will claim that a player such as Manning or Lehtera can’t possibly be the AHL quality scrub the fans say he is because the Flyers coach, a professional hockey man, is playing him in every game. And then less than a year later when that player has been waived to the AHL you pretend like that you weren’t wrong about him before.

Yeah, we’re not really looking for that kind of wilful ignorance around here.

What are you babbling about? Are you drunk now?

Manning, Lehtera and Schenn have all been borderline NHL players their whole career, but the ignorant part is placing blame on a coach after the player gets waived later. If that is the case then blame every single coach ever in the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad