Miscellaneous NHL Talk Part 11 (not II) - 2018/19 Regular Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Really? I've never heard Simmonds labeled dirty. Even other teams fans usually don't describe him that way. Gudas they do, or used to.

Simmonds is not at the level of a Malkin or Wilson but he is involved in 1-2 questionable plays a year where other teams' fanbases are calling for suspension. He also gets more than his share of extra shots in after the whistle or away from the play.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Stone-Schiefele-Wheeler would be the best line in hockey. I don’t know who would play the left side, but Jesus.

McKenzie is on the WPG wanting Stone train too.

Maybe too good. Like maybe it'd be better to put Stone with Laine to get him going, and then give Stone extra time here and there.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
For a guy with glass knees, he plays and talks like a real dope. One more good lower body hit, say a Gudas hip check, and this clown's career could be over.

I hope Gudas wrecks him with a good hard CLEAN body check and he needs help getting off the ice. Been listening to his ignorance for far too long. Maybe that would shut him up. Maybe.

Reactions: renberg

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
It's crazy to think that as good as Giroux has been for us, he is 30 points behind Kuch!

Yeah the Flyers PP being awful has had a good effect on Giroux’s & others overall points. Giroux was 12th in 5v5 scoring coming into tonight (38P), Couturier 51st (29P), & Voracek 77th (26P).

Kucherov was 1st with 47 5v5 points coming into tonight.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
It's funny that 4 of the top 10 players in points right now probably aren't even going to make the playoffs. That's almost half of them.

Didn't even notice what a great season Patrick Kane is having. He's quietly been one of the best players in the league.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
It's funny that 4 of the top 10 players in points right now probably aren't even going to make the playoffs. That's almost half of them.

Didn't even notice what a great season Patrick Kane is having. He's quietly been one of the best players in the league.

5 of 11, Draisatl.

Reactions: LorneMalvo

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Kane keeping in race himself tonight with 3 pts thus far

Now at 85 on season

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Just goes to show you how overrated "star" players are to team success, seems you actually need a team to win.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Except Gudas has had about the same career since the trade, and we got a 1st and 3rd to boot!
They needed Coburn that year due to the Gudas injury.

Reactions: renberg

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Vegas is kind of a disaster right now. The Brandon Pirri magic wore off and basically everyone is slumping, including the top line and Tuch, so they're having a hard time scoring goals. Fleury's been worked to death this season and he's starting to show cracks.

They probably don't have the pieces to get a Panarin or Duchene. I don't think Simmonds does anything for them because this is a team that wants to make plays at high speed, and Wayne can't do that.

I kinda think they should just hunker down and play it conservative, try to sign a free agent and hope that Glass helps them next year.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
I actually think Montreal might low-key be a good fit. Their PP also sucks, no one on the team has more than 4 PP goals. That team is definitely on the small/finessey side too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->