Miscellaneous NHL Talk, 2018 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Because I have the attention span of a squirrel on Pixie Stix, I'm tossing out a thought for the 3C to inquire about feasibility. How about Cody Eakin from LV? 27 years old at $3.85 million x 2 years. 27 points last season.

Reactions: klutch

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Lately, Sabres fans are trying their hardest to outdo Leaf fans as the most obnoxious fans on this site.
This is basically every fanbase on the trade board
defend.jpg

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
From everything I've heard so far, Vegas was unwilling to include Glass at the deadline which killed the deal then, and were still unlikely to give him up now.

I don't know if I'd trade all that AND have to take back Bobby Ryan.

I wonder what Ottawa wants for Pageau. He would be a good fit here.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
They were saying on Insider Trading that Melynk wants to attach Ryan’s contract to Karlsson. Most teams can’t really do that but Vegas but they’re obviously not going to do it out of the kindness of their heart. The price will need to be knocked down & it seems like Ottawa as of now isn’t going for that.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia

that is a haul. and imo a mistake. I don't think anyone can confidently say vegas is capable of duplicating last years effort. Sure all they need is for everyone ot have another career year. How hard is that. To give up a 2019 pick , when you don't even know what you are yet is a mistake. Also imo they would be outbidding themselves.

Flyers Faithful

Feb 12, 2016
From everything I've heard so far, Vegas was unwilling to include Glass at the deadline which killed the deal then, and were still unlikely to give him up now.

I don't know if I'd trade all that AND have to take back Bobby Ryan.

I’d love to get Pageau for third line center And I don’t think the price would be astronomical

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Glass, Theodore and a first-rounder (which will be a late first-rounder) is laughably inadequate for Karlsson. Hope it goes through.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

I’d love to get Pageau for third line center And I don’t think the price would be astronomical
Their fans think he is worth a 1st, fwiw.

Also saw this on the main boards....Wash GM talking about Grubs value.

Hurricanes still hoping to make big splash at draft, but NHL market remains stagnant
10 Thoughts: Bergevin looking to add centre, defenceman for Canadiens - Sportsnet.ca
6. Speaking of the Capitals, it sounds like there’s been quite a bit of interest in Philipp Grubauer. One exec, who admitted interest, said Wednesday that the price could be higher than he thought it would be.

Two outsiders that might make some sense: Chicago and Ottawa.​

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad