Miscellaneous NHL Talk, 2018 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
yeah i am on meds. i do go for walks and went candlepin bowling a couple of weeks ago and ended up pulling something in my thigh. Would love to get back into candlepins. Have not been in about 20 years.

one of the things that i know people are prescribed for depression is steady state cardio. elliptical, jogging, step mill. Something that gets that heart rate up, but walking is a great start.
The Benefits of Exercise for the Clinically Depressed

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
one of the things that i know people are prescribed for depression is steady state cardio. elliptical, jogging, step mill. Something that gets that heart rate up, but walking is a great start.
The Benefits of Exercise for the Clinically Depressed

Well, I fully admit I am out of shape and need to lose some weight. I used to run a ton as a kid. Was on the HS cross country team for 3 years.
I would like to build up my conditioning so I can run even if it is for short distances. Just have to work thru the knee pain
I am probably older than most on this board. It is true that its harder to lose the weight as you get older.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Well, I fully admit I am out of shape and need to lose some weight. I used to run a ton as a kid. Was on the HS cross country team for 3 years.
I would like to build up my conditioning so I can run even if it is for short distances. Just have to work thru the knee pain
I am probably older than most on this board. It is true that its harder to lose the weight as you get older.

I started running 5Ks last year. They are a lot of fun.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
I've been a basket case in varying degrees my entire life and have settled into the fact that I'll die without ever being in love but at least I am beloved as family and friend to many. I used to be an amusing but creepy little weirdo and I hope by now I've upgraded to hilarious endearing manchild.
Is this in the right location?

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
So am I. Was hospitalized in April for a little more than a week, and did a month of out patient. I hit rock bottom Easter weekend. It has not been fun for me at all. I have good and bad days. It cost me my job and some of my friends as well. Looking for a new job has been tough for sure.
That was really brave of you to share this on this forum. I wish you the best in getting your life back on track. It can be tough. I've seen it first hand with family members, though I have been lucky enough not to have gone through things like this myself. Hopefully you have a good support system. Finding the right medication, diet and exercise, and the right amount of sleep can all go a long way towards helping with depression.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Could not agree more. His work between 2007 and 2012 (Bryz contract withstanding) was phenomenal, and he seems like a man with all the integrity and class in the world.
Peter Forsberg for Scottie Upshall, Ryan Parent, and a first round pick
Alexei Zhitnik for Braydon Coburn
Second round pick for Marty Biron (Danny Briere recruiter)
Traded first round pick back to Nashville for rights to Kimmo Timonen and Scott Hartnell
Traded Joni Pitkanen to the Oilers for Joffrey Lupul and Jason Smith
Signed Danny Briere in free agency

Still crazy to think that Holmgren did all of this between one deadline and off season.

Reactions: Rebels57

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Peter Forsberg for Scottie Upshall, Ryan Parent, and a first round pick
Alexei Zhitnik for Braydon Coburn
Second round pick for Marty Biron (Danny Briere recruiter)
Traded first round pick back to Nashville for rights to Kimmo Timonen and Scott Hartnell
Traded Joni Pitkanen to the Oilers for Joffrey Lupul and Jason Smith
Signed Danny Briere in free agency

Still crazy to think that Holmgren did all of this between one deadline and off season.

That was a wild few months. Turned the worst team in the NHL into a Final 4 team. Unreal.

Reactions: The Madrigal

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
So am I. Was hospitalized in April for a little more than a week, and did a month of out patient. I hit rock bottom Easter weekend. It has not been fun for me at all. I have good and bad days. It cost me my job and some of my friends as well. Looking for a new job has been tough for sure.

Best of luck, bud. We're all here if you need us. :thumbu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad