Miscellaneous NHL Discussion LXVIII: Post Free Agent Frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gert B Frobe

Nov 18, 2003
Chester County
Best thing to come out of this offseason so far is the Penguins got worse, and the Rangers and Devils will still struggle.

Wonder if Morin can hold his own with Reaves...

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Best thing to come out of this offseason so far is the Penguins got worse, and the Rangers and Devils will still struggle.

Wonder if Morin can hold his own with Reaves...
The devils will struggle?

Not sure about that. I'm not saying they're a cup favorite but struggle is a strong word.

Jack Hughes will have a huge year this year.

Reactions: BernieParent

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
The fact that this poll isn’t more lopsided in Makar’s favor is wild:

021370E3-E1CF-4A65-AC71-4A347B14E66A.jpeg

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I know everyone joked about Hextall and no pizza parties but it is actually important. It’s not going make an all star on an amazing contract, but it would be a bit better.

I think MacKinnon is taking it to ridiculous extremes, young athletes don't have to be health fanatics, just use common sense, drink in moderation, don't screw until 3AM the night before games, eat a balanced diet, and so on. If you make your life so miserable that it becomes fun less, it'll probably have a negative impact on your game.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
I think MacKinnon is taking it to ridiculous extremes, young athletes don't have to be health fanatics, just use common sense, drink in moderation, don't screw until 3AM the night before games, eat a balanced diet, and so on. If you make your life so miserable that it becomes fun less, it'll probably have a negative impact on your game.
As long as it gives him confidence, it doesn't hurt. He wants to make sure he'll be in the best physical shape he can be.
He seems to be really intense. You need guys like that on your team. Guys that won't accept losing.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
MacKinnon is a beast, but that draconian shit doesn’t motivate everyone. You think Kucherov would enjoy that? You can have one guy like that, but you can’t have a leadership group of just that or it wears thin. Screaming at young guys for missing a practice pass isn’t my idea of leading personally. I think of someone like Chara treating rookies with respect. But Nate would probably get along great with General Micromanager Ron Hextall.

I wonder if MacKinnon drove any Italians away with his pasta alternative?

15ea9aa6-1bbf-4168-b043-cce529c2fee2_text.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad