Miscellaneous NHL Discussion LVIII: May-June edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Sportsnet showed Shanahan's media availability and the questions from Steve Simmons.

It can't be said enough what a disgusting human being Steve Simmons is.

I feel Matthews & Marner established themselves so quickly in this league off the bat that people kind of forget they’re still 23 & 24 years old. They still have a lot of good hockey left.

Like I get this was the best team on paper to this point & it’s going lose some this offseason through cost cuts & such. But still there’s a good window there given those two ages. They’re not like 30+ years old.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I feel Matthews & Marner established themselves so quickly in this league off the bat that people kind of forget they’re still 23 & 24 years old. They still have a lot of good hockey left.

Like I get this was the best team on paper to this point & it’s going lose some this offseason through cost cuts & such. But still there’s a good window there given those two ages. They’re not like 30+ years old.

It can also take a few seasons before young guys figure out how the playoffs work and what they require.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
I guess Marner is catching heat from the Toronto media & in turn by some fans for going golfing yesterday. :laugh:

I guess they want him to lock himself in a room for the summer & think about what just happened.

JFC. The guy can live his life. We would be mad as hell too, but I am not going to hold it against anyone who wants to go out and get away from the shitstorm for a while

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Pierre certainly fits a type.

Not being interested in analytics is completely understandable but being that against them and constantly trying to suggest they're worthless just exposes ignorance. Especially when he clearly doesn't even understand what they show, how they're used, or what each players/teams stats look like. There's been a few times he's accidentally agreed with the analytics while trying to make an argument against them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad