Miscellaneous NHL Discussion LVIII: May-June edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I mean I would absolutely interested in Marner if available. The reasons for people wanting him traded are essentially 16 game sample spread out over three years or whatever. That’s not to say he doesn’t deserve criticism for his lack of goal production in the playoffs recently. But at the same time that doesn’t mean everything in terms of projecting going forward.

Look at Ehlers.

0 goals in his first 21 Playoff games.

4 goals in his last 6 and looks to be primed for a big 2nd round against Montreal.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Look at Ehlers.

0 goals in his first 21 Playoff games.

4 goals in his last 6 and looks to be primed for a big 2nd round against Montreal.

Yeah, money puck actually had Matthews at 4.6 expected goals. That was second in the playoffs to this point behind Hyman at 4.9. Marner was 2.1. They got two goals out of the three of them.

So it wasn’t really a lack of enough chances. They just didn’t convert.

It’s such small samples you can really be held to a shooting percentage which is pretty volatile for better or worse. You don’t have the long run way where it usually corrects itself out.

Reactions: Striiker

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Tampa is a good team, a great one - but it’s always a sore spot for me to cheer for them. Never forget.

GettyImages-50880155.0.jpg

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Slavin is so good
I love that dude.

Fin Fun fact: he’s now played in 27 and 2/3 playoff games and has yet to take a single penalty, despite playing well over 20 minutes per game against guys like Ovechkin, Barzal, Panarin, and all of Boston’s top line. Not one single trip or hold or hook. He’s always in position and never has to cheat in order to break up a play. I don’t know if there’s a single defensemen I take over him in his own half of the ice.

Last edited:

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
I love that dude.

Fin fact: he’s now played in 27 and 2/3 playoff games and has yet to take a single penalty, despite playing well over 20 minutes per game against guys like Ovechkin, Barzal, Panarin, and all of Boston’s top line. Not one single trip or hold or hook. He’s always in position and never has to cheat in order to break up a play. I don’t know if there’s a single defensemen I take over him in his own half of the ice.
Fins up. I shotgunned a landshark yesterday. True story.

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
I love that dude.

Fin fact: he’s now played in 27 and 2/3 playoff games and has yet to take a single penalty, despite playing well over 20 minutes per game against guys like Ovechkin, Barzal, Panarin, and all of Boston’s top line. Not one single trip or hold or hook. He’s always in position and never has to cheat in order to break up a play. I don’t know if there’s a single defensemen I take over him in his own half of the ice.
I agree.. in last 52 regular season games, 2 penalty minues... how in gods name do you do that?
Plus he is awesome take aways. 429 games 60 penalty minutes. wow!

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Even the intermission crew are commenting on how much of a snoozefest this game is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->