Miscellaneous NHL Discussion LVI: Maybe Something Will Happen In This One...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Potential division for the restart...

We finally rid our division of the Pittsburgh taint.

It really annoyed me how keeping Pit and Philly together was apparently a requirement when making division changes, and then most of the time we only played them 4 times a year anyway. Only one more game than if they were in the other Eastern division.

That's how we ended up with the stupidly named "Metro", and an Atlantic division that goes from Montreal to Miami.

Reactions: BiggE and Rebels57

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
It really annoyed me how keeping Pit and Philly together was apparently a requirement when making division changes, and then most of the time we only played them 4 times a year anyway. Only one more game than if they were in the other Eastern division.

That's how we ended up with the stupidly named "Metro", and an Atlantic division that goes from Montreal to Miami.

The Atlantic also includes Florida because of the money those teams can make off Canadian snowbirds showing up. Hell, I had a friend in Toronto who bought a ticket package to the Panthers and flew down to Florida for the Leafs games there because it was cheaper to buy the package and flights than it was to buy tickets to 4 Leafs games.

Reactions: Devonator

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
The Atlantic also includes Florida because of the money those teams can make off Canadian snowbirds showing up. Hell, I had a friend in Toronto who bought a ticket package to the Panthers and flew down to Florida for the Leafs games there because it was cheaper to buy the package and flights than it was to buy tickets to 4 Leafs games.
Not really related to what you're talking about, but your post made me immediately think about this crazy story of a Vancouver-based lawyer who bought Florida season's tickets in the 2013 lockout shortened season.

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
The results of this poll....Oy.

CDB4EC1E-D7E0-40B0-8443-5583DEADAFC4.jpeg

Reactions: DancingPanther

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
Maybe if Dom gets enough followers, he can afford to buy a few vowels.

On a more exciting note, Ready Player Two just dropped yesterday (book). Loved Ready Player One and looking forward to this!

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
For some reason Sportsnet is playing the Sweden-North America game from the 2016 World Cup.

Currently watching Ghost on the PP with McDavid, Matthews, Eichel, and Scheifele. :laugh:

Man, I hope Ghost can return to form and be that player again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->