Miscellaneous NHL Discussion LIX: Great Expectations by Charles Dickens and oh the #13 Lottery Pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
I still think the Bruins can win this series. They are the better team. But they will have to be more efficient.

Reactions: JXC

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
SelfassuredNastyGraywolf-max-1mb.gif

Redrum.

Redrum.

Redrum.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Wow, didn't see the Isles going into Boston and scoring 5 goals. Definitely made Boston pay for their mistakes. Varlamov was terrific in net for the Isles. Cizikas has to be the best fourth line center in the league. He has been extremely effective throughout the playoffs.

Reactions: JXC and LorneMalvo

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Wow, didn't see the Isles going into Boston and scoring 5 goals. Definitely made Boston pay for their mistakes. Varlamov was terrific in net for the Isles. Cizikas has to be the best fourth line center in the league. He has been extremely effective throughout the playoffs.
Palmieri has been a great addition, as well. Leads the entire team in goals with 6.

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Jets getting the last laugh on us from the 2016 draft.

2016 1st round was pretty bad in hindsight but i'll never understand the Rubtsov pick. Just doesnt seem like a prospect our scouts would like. Such a vanilla low-motor player. They usually like their "high-floor" picks to play with some tenacity.

Last edited:

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
He was that.

You mean he played with tenacity pre-draft? I never saw much of that post-draft with Chicoutimi or Acadie or Lehigh. Just kind of there, making safe plays, living for the next shift mostly with the rare flash or skill.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Palmieri has been a great addition, as well. Leads the entire team in goals with 6.
Palmieri has been excellent. The Islanders have a number of players playing well. Like I said the other night, Adam Pelech has really opened my eyes -- I did not realize how good he is until this playoffs. He's a heck of a defenseman. Very underrated.

The Isles are playing a terrific team, and have managed to go up 3 games to 2 against them despite missing their leading goal-scorer and captain, Anders Lee. I admire their competitiveness and work ethic.

Boston can still win the series, for sure, but the Islanders deserve a lot of credit for putting the Bruins on the brink.

Reactions: LorneMalvo and JXC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad