Miscellaneous NHL Discussion LIX: Great Expectations by Charles Dickens and oh the #13 Lottery Pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
This really is going to put the NHL in a pretty tough spot. The hit was completely unnecessary and shouldn’t have been made but... I don’t know where it falls in the rule book as a violation.

Parros is shitting himself right now.
The fact that they gave him a charging major opens the door for an easy suspension, but the wheel of justice hands out what the wheel of justice likes.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Hits like that is what’s wrong with the NHL in a nutshell. You throw a hit like that 20 years ago, a Donald Brashear or Tony Twist or whatnot is going to pound the shit out of someone on your team. What’s the point of all but eliminating fighting if it leads to shit like this and the Tom Wilson’s of the world?

The NHL sucks

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I still think Downie’s was the wildest. Guy was almost parallel to the ice even before contact.

I think to put it in to perspective it got 20 games back then before they really started to crack down. Up to that point I think most big suspensions were guys using sticks as weapons. Not a whole lot of big suspensions for checks.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Hits like that is what’s wrong with the NHL in a nutshell. You throw a hit like that 20 years ago, a Donald Brashear or Tony Twist or whatnot is going to pound the shit out of someone on your team. What’s the point of all but eliminating fighting if it leads to shit like this and the Tom Wilson’s of the world?

The NHL sucks

He might escape severe punishment from Parros but Montreal are not the smurfs of old.

That defense core with Chariot, Weber, Edmundson and Petry all have size - and the Jets love to dump that puck in.

Scheifele will face the music at some point.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
He might escape severe punishment from Parros but Montreal are not the smurfs of old.

That defense core with Chariot, Weber, Edmundson and Petry all have size - and the Jets love to dump that puck in.

Scheifele will face the music at some point.
Georges Laraque offered to suit up to take on Wilson.

Too bad the Habs can't sign him to a PTO for a playoff game. :laugh:

Edit: and this was his last tweet today; how can you say no to Georges if he asks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad