News Article: Misc. Oilers News/Info

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
So crazy how the "numbers" seem to always find a way to appear in some bizarre, weird combination of happenings or events. Like when the Cubs won the World Series in 2016, it was 108 years since they last won one and there's 108 stitches on a baseball.

I love these little easter eggs we get thrown.

That one seems like a giant stretch to find any correlation.

That's like saying McDavid's number is 97, and Adidas has been making shoes since 1997 and they sponsor McDavid! OMG!

Reactions: Stoneman89

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
That one seems like a giant stretch to find any correlation.

That's like saying McDavid's number is 97, and Adidas has been making shoes since 1997 and they sponsor McDavid! OMG!

I think the whole point is when there isn't any real correlation between the numbers, just coincidences. There everywhere if you look, but that's all they are... coincidences. Like the Number 23.

Your example would be more of a correlation if Adidas had started in 97 and picked to sponsor 97 as that would be a gimmick to market.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Posted this on the mains. NHL Network released a top 10 McDavid goals list. Seeing these again and they’re still remarkable as they were when it happened live during the game.

Did they miss this one, or was there some kinda criteria that made them omit it? Because to me that’s #2 behind burning Reilly. Incredible video either way.

Reactions: MisterD

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015

Did they miss this one, or was there some kinda criteria that made them omit it? Because to me that’s #2 behind burning Reilly. Incredible video either way.

Those are only from 2019-20 which makes it even more remarkable.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
They have been making shoes a lot longer since 1997. If you want to mock the comment use an actual fact.

I'm not mocking any comment. I just said I don't find it that interesting when someone finds two matching numbers involving a situation.

There are so many numbers involved in everything that it isn't difficult to find two numbers that match up in any scenario.

There are times when so many numbers line up that it is interesting but the Cubs 108 years versus a baseball having 108 stitches doesn't do it for me. If it was two things directly related to the Cubs it would be a little better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad