News Article: Misc. Oilers News/Info

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006

I like the look of the McFarland third jersey crest on the helmet in the fourth pic.. The traditional Oilers crest on the helmet just looks weird.

OilCanada92

May 1, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta

I'm doing unofficial marketing for my buddy's new Oiler site right now so I figured I'd share this here. They don't have a ton of content yet but I found this article interesting.

I knew our forward depth was thin but I didn't realize just how long their slumps tend to be. We need to up our standards for bottom 6 players.

Reactions: jukon

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home

Atta boy, Ken.

When you factor in the AHL contracted players (5 from Bakersfield) it's not even close. 19 players in the Oilers organization are playing in Europe with 10 being the next highest number of any club and 4 being the median number. The average for each club is 4.71 players playing in Europe but that average goes down to 4.23 if you don't include Edmonton.

Reactions: joestevens29

Markham30

Jan 12, 2016
Edmonton

It remains to be seeing if Travis Jost ever grows an actual brain.

Not sure he’s even been inside an arena or watched an actual game on tv to be honest.

He’s got such a hate on for the Oilers I’m surprised TSN let’s him write about them. It seems he always has something negative to say about the organization, not sure why. I quit reading his articles a while back, for that same reason.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Which Canadian NHL club is in the best shape?

Did these idiots forget who the best Canadian team in the league last season was? How can you possibly justify listing the Oilers as the 6th best Canadian team?

And conversely the second worst Canadian team from last year is suddenly one of the best after trading one of their top scorers for an older player with less career scoring, trading for an expensive backup goalie (when they already have one of the best starters) and signing Toffoli whose best seasons are now 5 years in the past.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad