Misc. NHL Talk 2017/18 Regular Season: Chapter 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
I was reading the Rank Your Defensemen thread on the main board. Literally two Flyers fans posted in there and ranked Ghost slightly above Provy.

That was enough for a certain a Russian poster to come in and say FLYERS FANS ON HERE DON'T DESERVE PROVOROV!!! :laugh:

Reactions: Adtar02

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I like Patrick as much as the next guy, but casually projecting him to 60 points next year is insanity.

Giroux didn't top 50 points until he was 23. Schenn was "the best player not in the NHL" and he didn't hit 60 points until his 7th season.

45 points will be a nice, solid season for him next year, and he needs to stay healthy to do that.

60 pts is insanity? He had more significant surgery than G and ghost plus he’s a rookie. Look at what those two did at the end of last year to this year. End of last year they started looking like themselves again. This year they careered it. G and ghost had two of the best all time flyer seasons. What Patrick is doing now is an improvement, but he likely has a lot more in him that we haven’t seen yet. If Lindblom could finish more of his chances he’d have even more pts.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
“7th in the NHL in hits” just doesn’t have the same ring to it.

92CDD5A4-C88E-4041-AEDA-C65E51FCEE82.jpeg

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Just to be clear, I think 60 points is totally doable for Patrick, I think 70 is like the upper limit that he can hit next year.

I just envision a lot of possible scenarios where he plays really well, gets better and ends up with 55 points in a full season, or misses 20 games, doesn't get PP1 time, or Hakstol gives him some crazy usage.

60 points is a lot, most No. 2 centers don't do that. Patrice Bergeron only hits 60 every other year.

If he ends up with "only" 50 points I am going to be really annoyed if people are down on him and want to move him for the next hot thing.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Zadorov was a ****ing beast this year. Really did look much better this year.

It's almost like big defensemen take much longer to hit their stride. What a novel concept. Just kidding, it's been common knowledge for decades yet people still ignore it when discussing big D prospects.

Reactions: Tripod

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
It's almost like big defensemen take much longer to hit their stride. What a novel concept. Just kidding, it's been common knowledge for decades yet people still ignore it when discussing big D prospects.

Didn't watch him at all but some of those stats just say "I never have the puck". Not really a good list to be a top ten of.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
I was reading the Rank Your Defensemen thread on the main board. Literally two Flyers fans posted in there and ranked Ghost slightly above Provy.

That was enough for a certain a Russian poster to come in and say FLYERS FANS ON HERE DON'T DESERVE PROVOROV!!! :laugh:

And it was probably Russian bots that posted those two votes anyway.

Reactions: Strawberry Fields
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->