• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
hedman is probably the best defenseman in the league

heiskanen is top 15 on a good day (iirc he was somewhere in the 16-20 range on the last list i made)

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
hedman is probably the best defenseman in the league

heiskanen is top 15 on a good day (iirc he was somewhere in the 16-20 range on the last list i made)
hes top 10 now, come on.... you think there are easily 15 dmen better than him?? please

The only I would say are better than him right now are: Hedman, Josi, Pietro, Jones, and maybe Carlson

Dallas are defense first team.... the moment they played more offensive we saw what he can do. Probably wouldve been a Norris finalist if it wasnt for that.

Last edited:

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
Heiskanen is still pretty young and he is #1D and most valuable player on a team that plays in scf but Hedman is best D currently in entire league. I’m a finnish guy but i would say Hedman without hesitation right now.

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
2 seasons and 1 excellent playoff run in progress doesn’t make one the best defenseman in the league over Hedman, who is having his own Conn Smythe worthy run in progress to go with his overall career and four consecutive years of being a top 3 Norris finalist (winning once and should have more than that).

It’s not even close.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
I'd love to see the 15-19 you have above him.
off the top of my head theres hedman ellis mcavoy pulock pietro spurgeon ekblad josi letang hamilton giordano parayko slavin karlsson carlson

edit: not in order
second edit: i accidentally put josi twice

Last edited:

KuchieKooRov

Aug 13, 2020
One month doesn't make a career.
So true. Heiskanen could break his leg next season and never be the same.... not saying that will happen but I just think people get so caught up in the present. Hedman has been putting together a HOF career of multiple great seasons already.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Hedman has been better these playoffs and has the better track record. Heiskanen might be close these playoffs but he's needs a better sample size to put him on the same level

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
So true. Heiskanen could break his leg next season and never be the same.... not saying that will happen but I just think people get so caught up in the present. Hedman has been putting together a HOF career of multiple great seasons already.
question is who is better "now"

not whos had the best career, or who do you think will be best

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
question is who is better "now"

not whos had the best career, or who do you think will be best

Lots of players can play above their heads for a few weeks. Using it to draw conclusions is flawed. It's likely this is part of Heiskanen's progression (though his points are clearly not sustainable), but unless a young player is significantly outplaying the established level of a vet in such a sample, it makes no sense to put him ahead. Hedman's performed better these playoffs anyway other than in secondary assists.

Last edited:
Reactions: pixiesfanyo

Larry Hanson

Aug 1, 2020
Heiskanen is already an amazing talent is only going to get better but he's not as good as Hedman, at least not yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->